`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
What a disaster...+ shout out to dontpray

What a disaster...+ shout out to dontpray
I just got my power back about an hour ago, after going about 12 days without it. Hurricane Sandy was probably the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life. When the storm was happening, my cousins got taken out of their house by an army truck because they're house was filling up with water very quickly. It was a while and they hadn't arrived at my house. I went walking in almost 5 feet of water to look for them. Finally found them and was able to help them to my house. This was extremely scary, it was windy, there were power lines down, and the water was rising, but I eventually got to them. They had phones but there was absolutely no service. The army truck got stuck and couldn't go anywhere else. We were all safe but soon after we got to my house, power was lost. I waited days for it to come back on, sleeping with a sweater, jacket, jeans, and 2 pairs of socks do to the cold weather. Luckily, my house didn't get a lot of water. It barely came into my house. 3 houses on my side of the block and 3 on the other didn't get flooded. The rest of the block did. I say about 80% of peoples cars in my neighborhood were totaled from the storm. Once again, I was lucky and my car survived. This was just a crazy week and I hope I never have to re-live this. I know I came away from this, mostly untouched and minimal damage. I feel for those who didn't have the same luck.

Also want to give a shout out to dontpray for understanding what is happening. We agreed to a trade a couple days before the storm and I was never able to get my end out...actually a good thing I didn't as the drop off mailboxes were completely covered in water. I will definitely ship by Monday. I got my end which was something I always wanted, a rip card! Here's a pic of what I got in it. Also some pics of the neighborhood, just took a few. You really cant tell the devastation but believe me, it is bad.

Thanks again dontpray, and I hope everyone else is doing well and survived this terrible storm!

[Image: ripcard.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-01_15-15-08_394.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_14-36-03_755.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_14-35-36_712.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_14-32-55_505.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_12-21-51_168.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_12-10-22_276.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_08-54-43_311.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_08-54-02_551.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-30_08-53-47_335.jpg]
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

RE: What a disaster...+ shout out to dontpray
Wow where are you? Long Island?

I'm right by seaside heights.

Horrible

Glad you're all okay
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Wow - glad you're doing ok and that the rip card was a bright spot.

I live in NJ. It was pretty bad here also. Thank goodness you are ok. Sweet RIP card though.
Busting boxes!!!

So you get the entire pair of GU pants mailed to you? Awesome!
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

I am glad to hear that you made it through the storm. 12 days without power is a long time. That rip card result is fabulous!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(11-09-2012, 07:20 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I am glad to hear that you made it through the storm. 12 days without power is a long time. That rip card result is fabulous!
12 days is nothing compared to what I went through during Hurricane Hugo back in 89. i was without power for a good solid 3 weeks! I would have killed for it to have been 12 days! MAN UP!

(11-09-2012, 06:27 PM)stera8 Wrote: Wow where are you? Long Island?

I'm right by seaside heights.

Horrible

Glad you're all okay
I'm in Howard Beach, Queens. It's right before the Rockaways.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(11-09-2012, 07:22 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: 12 days is nothing compared to what I went through during Hurricane Hugo back in 89. i was without power for a good solid 3 weeks! I would have killed for it to have been 12 days! MAN UP!
Seriously! Are we 10 years old here? Get over yourself.
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

(11-09-2012, 10:31 PM)yankeescop Wrote: Seriously! Are we 10 years old here? Get over yourself.
Sorry that my joke wasnt really that funny. I figured the part about "killing someone/something" for an extra 9 days would give it away. Again, I am sorry.