`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pack searcher encounter #9

Pack searcher encounter #9
so I stopped by Target after work and went to the card section to pick up a few packs. I noticed this older guy standing there just staring at the cards. When I got to the card aisle I saw he was feeling all the packs in the box on all 4 sides. I gave him a disgusted look and reached to grab a few packs. He left and then I got my cards and went to the checkout. When I was leaving the store I passed by and he was back over there feeling all the packs. I started to mumble "I hope you pull all junk and the cards are bent" but don't know if he heard me or not.

This is happening more and more often lately and it makes me feel embarrassed as a collector to go over to the card section in stores because I don't want people looking or thinking of me in that way. I just wish these people would go back to their mom's basement and shop on ebay or something. I'm getting sick of all these pack searchers popping up all the time and I'm about to start confronting them whenever I see them.

Thanks for reading my rant there,

Steven
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Pack searcher encounter #9
We have been lucky. My daughter has never seen anyone pack searching. The only people we have ever encountered in the card aisle have been kids trying to get their parents to buy them a few packs (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't).
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

What disgusts me the most is when I find opened packs, I grabbed a pack the other day of topps chrome and I didn't even notice it was ripped open. The cards fell all over the ground, I was extremely embarrassed!!!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(11-04-2012, 02:13 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: What disgusts me the most is when I find opened packs, I grabbed a pack the other day of topps chrome and I didn't even notice it was ripped open. The cards fell all over the ground, I was extremely embarrassed!!!
Yeah. A slit in the back... Sad

But to the OP the guy was feeling blaster boxes??

And also I get so paranoid sometimes in target because I like to get bowman chrome blasters and on the three shelves ill search for them in case they're hidden in the back...I get paranoid thinking oh man I hope a kid doesn't walk by thinking I'm searching in the other way lol
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

I agree with Ziveus101. How does one search a blaster besides opening it? I just make sure the blaster isn't open and buy it. I go to the back of the shelf though, because I have better luck when I pick the back blaster, for some reason.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Pack searchers are killing the hobby,just hate those guys
Montreal Expos collector
[Image: 756572118668large.png]

I know, they are the worst.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-04-2012, 12:16 AM)sesfan01 Wrote: This is happening more and more often lately and it makes me feel embarrassed as a collector to go over to the card section in stores because I don't want people looking or thinking of me in that way.
I think you're kidding yourself a bit here, if you think that "regular" people somehow think much more highly of a grown man buying pieces of cardboard in general. I doubt they really differentiate the types of collectors at all, with the exception of the ones there with kids.

Yeah, I always feel a little weird standing in line at the checkout with my baseball cards knowing I'm getting the "hairy eyeball" from the guy with the beer standing behind me and the woman with the carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in front of me. I'm in my 50s and it must seem weird to them that I'm buying baseball cards. Aren't they supposed to be a kid's toy? Oh well. I'm addicted to cardboard and I guarantee I'll have my baseball cards long after their beer and ice cream is gone.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(11-04-2012, 05:43 PM)zeprock Wrote: Yeah, I always feel a little weird standing in line at the checkout with my baseball cards knowing I'm getting the "hairy eyeball" from the guy with the beer standing behind me and the woman with the carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in front of me. I'm in my 50s and it must seem weird to them that I'm buying baseball cards. Aren't they supposed to be a kid's toy? Oh well. I'm addicted to cardboard and I guarantee I'll have my baseball cards long after their beer and ice cream is gone.
I feel ya on that one. I am 28 and I will always buy cardboard. My wife's friends try to give her a hard time about my hobby, but she defends my honor. She says, "He doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs so if that is his worst vice, I am doing ok."