`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
World Series thoughts?

RE: World Series thoughts?
My pick would be Detroit in 6 but then again I am a Dodgers fan so you would never see me pick the Giants under any circumstances
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

Hey Patrick you gonna make it down to Comerica this weekend? I'll be there Saturday. Can't wait! LET"S GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Do you have tickets to the game, or just hanging out? I'd like to go downtown and maybe watch the game somewhere near Comerica if I don't end up getting tickets. I went to game 4 of the ALCS and it was a really cool atmosphere down there. Im sure itll be x10 for the WS. Tickets are going for $4-500 a piece on the low end. I'd feel bad if I didn't get one for my wife too who has dutifully watched over 100 games this season (and the three previous years, for that matter). It would probably be well worth it, but a grand is a grand. I'll drop you a line if I go.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Tigers in six ... if the Giants try any of that cute little "coming back from 3-1" stuff, Mr. Verlander will be there to drop the hammer.

For all you guys taking the Tigers, who are favored to win 2 to 1 (about 65% to 35%), would it be against the TOS to make a friendly wager with sports cards on the line?

I can put up some decent hockey cards up against any hockey/baseball cards around double the value. Loser would trade away the card in the Trade Tool in return for 1 base card.

Let me know if you're interested...could be fun to take advantage of a Giants fan drunk on confidence. I don't even collect baseball but I'm one of those unruly Giants fan who can't 'act like ya been there' to save his life.

(10-23-2012, 02:09 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I hope you do not take this the wrong way, but if by hippies you mean West Coast players. Robinson was in Brooklyn and Mays in NY for years before they moved to LA and SF..Robinson 10+ years and Mays 7 years.
Eh, let's just say NY isn't remembered for where hippies were born and bred the way SF is...probably by design lol! Full disclosure: I was born in SF but I am not a hippie nor am I particularly fond of them. : )

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(10-23-2012, 10:48 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Do you have tickets to the game, or just hanging out? I'd like to go downtown and maybe watch the game somewhere near Comerica if I don't end up getting tickets. I went to game 4 of the ALCS and it was a really cool atmosphere down there. Im sure itll be x10 for the WS. Tickets are going for $4-500 a piece on the low end. I'd feel bad if I didn't get one for my wife too who has dutifully watched over 100 games this season (and the three previous years, for that matter). It would probably be well worth it, but a grand is a grand. I'll drop you a line if I go.
My brother and I are going to the game on Saturday. The tickets are crazy expensive but who knows when/if we will see this again? If you are able to go definitely drop me a line. Hope you can make it!

I have been a GIANTS fan since 1967, the days of Mays, McCovey, and Cepeda. I would love to see the Giants win again even though they won it 2 years ago. The way they were able to come back from elimination against Cincy and St. Louis and beat them with a team of unknowns. It wil be an awesome Series with the Giants winning it in 7. I had my brother-in-law place a bet for me when the Giants were down to the Cardinals 3 games to 1 to win the Wolrd Series. I hope I can mail that winning bet back to Vegas and collect my Winnings again. I did last year when the Cardinals won it for me.
"BUSTER AND THE FREAK"
[Image: Lincecum.jpg]

Giants in 6 or 7.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-24-2012, 10:17 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Giants in 6 or 7.
It took you near the end of game 1 of the Giants knocking around Verlander to figure that?

I think now that Verlander got blown up (again) by SF, it really puts the Giants in the driver's seat. That was just crazy. The Giants beat him the all-star game and they did it again tonight. He might not have to pitch but 1 more time this year if the Tigers can't bounce back.