`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guerrero career over??

Guerrero career over??
Do you guys know if he decided to end is career? And if so do you think he has a chance to be a HOF...i just started a collection of him,dont know if i will go on.
Montreal Expos collector
[Image: 756572118668large.png]

RE: Guerrero caeer over??
I don't think he's officially retired. -He was one of my favorite players coming up. It's a shame the Expos turg wore his knees out. Loved that he swung at everything and didn't wear batting gloves. Had a huge arm, speed (early in his career), and power. -He could be a bit of a space cadet at times, but he's one of the top players of the 00's. I'd like to see him get a shot to finish his career on his terms. I hate seeing this Jermaine Dye-type retirement.

As far as his HOF candidacy goes, I think he'll be a borderline candidate. The .300+ BA helps, but he didn't reach any of the traditional milestones. I don't think it helped that he played the first half of his career in relative obscurity, then spent the second half bouncing around a few teams. He aged a bit prematurely and became a huge defensive liability at the end. At the same time, I don't ever remember hearing his name being associated with PEDs, so maybe that will help him along. In any event, he'd have my vote!
*^turf (not "turg")
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I think he will try to catch on somewhere but won't. He might make the HOF but I'm not sure.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Vlady is a no doubt hall of famer.

by three measures, he's a lock:

Gray Ink Batting - 166, Average HOFer ≈ 144
Hall of Fame Monitor Batting - 209, Likely HOFer ≈ 100
Hall of Fame Standards Batting - 58 (38), Average HOFer ≈ 50

he has 440+ homers and 440+ doubles, own a career batting average of .317. so he hit for power and average. won an mvp

his numbers are very comparable to jeff bagwell. unlike bagwell, vlady never had steroid suspicions. guerrero also has a lot of intangibles in his favor: the media liked him, his pitch selection is of legend

i dont think he gets in first ballot, but he'll get in a few years

as for him retiring:
he made 7 million this year, and hit 13 homers and .290. if he is willing to take a 1 year deal (maybe with a club option for another year) at about 5 million dollars, i think there are quite a few AL teams that would take him

RE: Guerrero career over??
Ive got a couple Vlads in my ORG to trade if you can hit any of my wants on my website.. click the image in my sig.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

I remember when he literally took a golf swing at a ball in the dirt & hit a towering home run, that particular one was at Yankee Stadium, there were probably many more. Hope he does make the HOF, he has my vote.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I think he's done. Not by his own choice. I think he could still contribute but I don't think anyone will give him the opportunity. Lots of great players want to keep playing but can't get a job (Bonds, Pedro, Rickey Henderson, etc.)

He's got my vote for the Hall of Fame. I definitely think he deserves enshrinement.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(10-24-2012, 07:05 AM)zeprock Wrote: I think he's done. Not by his own choice. I think he could still contribute but I don't think anyone will give him the opportunity. Lots of great players want to keep playing but can't get a job (Bonds, Pedro, Rickey Henderson, etc.)

He's got my vote for the Hall of Fame. I definitely think he deserves enshrinement.
he hit 290 with over 50 xbh last year

why wouldnt an al team take a chance at a 1 year low money offer?

(10-24-2012, 07:26 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: he hit 290 with over 50 xbh last year

why wouldnt an al team take a chance at a 1 year low money offer?
I think an AL team should but I don't think one will. He sat out this season and it's hard for a player to get picked up at this stage of their career, especially after sitting out a season. He didn't sit out due to injury. He couldn't get a job.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

If you're talking Pedro Guerrero, yes, his career was over a long time ago.

(I'm kidding)