`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Update***Highlights of my completed 1955 Topps set (NOW WITH '56!!!)

***Update***Highlights of my completed 1955 Topps set (NOW WITH '56!!!)
Last August my mom passed away tragically and unexpectedly, she was 64 and healthy. When we had to clean out the house, we unearthed our old baseball card collection. A family collection that goes back over 60 years and spans 3 generations.

Since her passing I have been methodically and diligently working my way backwards through the years and finishing off sets. Ive completed sets from 1992 through 1975, Topps, Fleer, Donruss, Bowman, Updates, Traded etc.

This past August my father also passed away tragically and unexpectedly. This time in a plane crash almost exactly a year later, he was 67 and very healthy.

I had a few big cards left in the 55 set but made it a point to finish it strong. Here are the highlights in numerical order:

[Image: scan0001-2.jpg]

[Image: scan0002-1.jpg]

[Image: scan0003-1.jpg]

[Image: scan0004-1.jpg]

[Image: scan0005-1.jpg]

Thanks for the look, enjoy the post season.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

RE: Highlights of my completed 1955 Topps set
awesome... sorry for your loss but I admire how you are finishing these sets and I think it is safe to say this is going to be a family heirloom for generations to come

Thank you for sharing.
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Congrats on completing such a tough and expensive set.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Thanks guys, I was lucky to have some of the big cards. I sold the doubles I had at shows, to dealers and on various online markets and used the money to fill in the gaps. I had quite a few including 9 Killebrews. The one picutred was the best of the bunch. Just shows you how condition sensitive this set really is, not like today where everything is 7 or better. That alone made it a lot of fun.

Ive also decided to go ahead and upgrade both the Jackie and the Hank. And Im currently working on '56, about 95% complete. Ill post pics of that set when Im done.

Congrats! I finally finished this set myself a few months back. Your star cards look great and would love to see the '56 cards when you're done. I bounced back and forth between the '56 and '55 set as to which to build but ended up going with the '55 due to the Clemente and Koufax.

Wow, I love these sets from the 50's. Thats how a baseball card should look.

If you happen to still have some doubles of some Cardinal players I would be interested. Also a Killebrew if you still have one?

So sorry for your losses. I lost my father a little over 10 years ago now. He was 63. Looked like he was in his 40's. Miss him everyday.

Thank you for your condolences CardinalCorey. I have a few Killebrews left, Ill take some scans when I get home tonight.

I decided to go ahead and upgrade the Aaron and Jackie, gotta say that Im pretty happy with what I was able to find at bargain prices. Check em out below!

[Image: scan0006_zpsae2f9818.jpg]

Awesome set
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(10-24-2012, 07:49 AM)Merovius Wrote: Thank you for your condolences CardinalCorey. I have a few Killebrews left, Ill take some scans when I get home tonight.

I decided to go ahead and upgrade the Aaron and Jackie, gotta say that Im pretty happy with what I was able to find at bargain prices. Check em out below!

[Image: scan0006_zpsae2f9818.jpg]
Wow those are beautiful cards!

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I was able to find a decent Luis Aparicio and finish the 1956 set. As requested, here are the highlights.

[Image: scan0001.jpg]

[Image: scan0003.jpg]

[Image: scan0005.jpg]

[Image: scan0009.jpg]

[Image: scan0002.jpg]

[Image: scan0004.jpg]

[Image: scan0006.jpg]

Grey back/White Back
[Image: scan0007.jpg]

[Image: scan0008.jpg]

[Image: scan0010.jpg]

[Image: scan0011.jpg]