`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Crimedawg47's Gary Payton PC

RE: Crimedawg47's Gary Payton PC
Wow, this thread is full of awesomeness! "Glove" is 1 of my all-time fav. players & point guards. Nice to see you've added some Heat & Bucks stuff of him. Love that auto from Topps Gallery (i think thats the set, it's the card in between him posting up Eisley & 03'04 Ult. Coll. Lakers auto), I've been debating to get that or not, that autograph set is underrated, imo.

I know I have a dual auto of him w/ Pierce from 99'00 TSC, dual auto w/ Kobe from 03'04 SP Sig. Edi. and a sick jumbo Sonics patch auto from I think 10'11 Panini Nat. Tre. If I ever get around to taking pics, I know you'd appreciate them.

But good luck with the collection, I will definitely keep an eye on your thread for new adds, always loved "the Glove". BTW, if you had to pick a PG that play's today who reminds you of him, who would you pick? I have someone in mind, just curious to see if you pick the same guy..
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

For being cheaper inserts, I always thought the Gallery of Heroes set was pretty nice looking
[Image: main2.gif]

Dominique Wilkins Beckett Super Collector
http://www.hobbydisplay.com/rdleifriaf

(10-23-2012, 12:28 AM)vgqv Wrote: But good luck with the collection, I will definitely keep an eye on your thread for new adds, always loved "the Glove". BTW, if you had to pick a PG that play's today who reminds you of him, who would you pick? I have someone in mind, just curious to see if you pick the same guy..
Dang that is a really good question. He was one of the top PG defenders, court generals of his time, a post up PG, and dished sweet alley oops to The Reign Man. A lot of his skills seem to be a lost art for PGs now a days. Id be interested to know who reminds you of him because I really am struggling Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(10-23-2012, 08:12 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Dang that is a really good question. He was one of the top PG defenders, court generals of his time, a post up PG, and dished sweet alley oops to The Reign Man. A lot of his skills seem to be a lost art for PGs now a days. Id be interested to know who reminds you of him because I really am struggling Smile
I was thinking of Brandon Jennings. I feel some of that Payton "attitude"/demeanor when he's playing. Jennings can definitely score, play D as well, he's good for a couple steals a game. Not as great a defender like Payton was, but not bad. Payton trumps him in his dishing ability, but then again say if Jennings has a Shawn Kemp/Blake Griffin type beast on his team, maybe his assist #s would be higher and be able to showcase his passing ability more effectively.

But yeah, out of today's players, Jennings reminds me of "the Glove" a little. Still crushed my Knicks didn't draft him, he would've been our starting point for years to come, another draft blunder by my good ol' Knicks..
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

I've got probably the rarest Gary Payton card out there. I'm pretty sure it is a 1 of 1. It is a 98/99 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor Autograph. I haven't gotten it graded yet, but expect a MINT grade. It is by far the coolest card in my collection. It would be hard for me to let it go, but everything has it's price. I know that some of the atomic refractor autographs of Kobe Bryant and Vince Carter are not 1 of 1's. There have been a few of those produced. If I'm correct and this is a 1 of 1, it's got to be the rarest, most desirable Gary Payton card out there! =)=)=) I'll try to post a picture soon.

Based on the odds of 1:100 for atomic refractors, these being #/100 and there being 125 cards in the set that puts an estimate at 1.25M packs. Veteran Atomic refractor autos are about 1:10,000. There are only 5 veterans so 1:50000 for a Gary Payton. That means there would be 25 of each. Not sure where you are getting this info that it might be a 1/1. Either way I would love to see it Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

I did the math too and thought there might be 25 as well. Though, I have yet to see another that exists. I know there is a 0 population with regards to any one being graded. I'm confused as to why there are so many Kobe Bryant and Vince Carter atomic refractor autographs, but so few of the veterans. I'd assume if there are any, they remain unredeemed Redemption cards way past the expiration date. Mine was a redemption card way past due, but I got lucky and was still sent the card. That was about 10 years ago!

I'll post a pic when I get a chance!

[Image: garypaytonauto.jpg]

[Image: gloveauto2.jpg]

I've seen multiple Vince Carters, Kobe Bryants and Tim Duncans. I'll give a dollar to the first person to find another "Glove".