`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby?

RE: Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby?
(10-16-2012, 06:58 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: 2. redemption cards. at it's worst, it is bait and switch. again, at it's rotten core, it's fraud
This.

RE: Just to get an overall feel...What do you think is the worst part of this hobby?
There's only really 2 things that I think are the worst part of the hobby. The insane amount of fake stuff on the market and the fact that the price on wax keeps going up but the product inside said boxes keeps getting worse. A $400 box of 5-Star should not have 3 damaged cards right out of the box!
[Image: steelers.jpg]

I think it's rudeness of people who ask to trade but can't return messages. I also hate people who say they want something you work out a trade for it and all of a sudden they want something else. Lets not forget SV traders who think they're slick when trading with a bv trader because something you have sells at or over book and they all of a sudden know bv.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

One bad thing about this hobby sometimes, is dealing with other people in this hobby. Lol. I know some of you know what I'm talking about. If not, pay no attention to the hermit... Lol.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

I hate when people ask 30X more than a cards worth just because its serial #ed his jersey number.. I personally could give a flying you know what if its his jersey number or not and it doesnt state in a beckett price guide " if its serial #ed his jersey number its worth 30X BV" cmon people. Ill over pay to an extent but man. all in all its always gonna be a hobby, not a business.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

eBay 1/1s drive me crazy. I hate that.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(10-16-2012, 01:21 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: eBay 1/1s drive me crazy. I hate that.
+1.

(10-16-2012, 01:46 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: +1.
And honestly, I've been tricked by the eBay 1/1 thing before. I saw it pop up on the bay as a 1/1 and I needed it for my PC. I didnt even check on Beckett to see if there was a 1/1 of that card so it is my fault but I hit the buy it now button right away and paid right away. It was then I noticed it was his jersey number serial number and it was of a card I already had. Wasn't happy about it.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I'm going to go with pack searchers.

There's a derelict in my area that I see in Target all the time, feeling the packs, digging in with his fingernails, even bending the packs back and forth (still haven't figured out that one yet).

Like, sometimes, if I'm just looking for certain base cards from Topps, the loose packs seem to be a better deal because they're usually 12 cards for 1.99 or whatever ... blaster packs are like eight cards a pack, and it seems harder to pull the ones I'm looking for.

But, if I can tell that the idiot has been there already — and you can always tell — then I just stay away ... because even if I pull the one(s) I'm looking for, there's probably an 85 percent chance they'll be dinged up because he's gotten to them already.

I've confronted him before but he just acts like he doesn't speak English, and I've tried to report him to security several times, but he still keeps popping up.

Here's something:

I was bidding on a Cameron Jordan Exquisite Auto #5/5. Up until 12 seconds, it was at 15 dollars. In 15 seconds, it jumped up to and sold for 162.50. I'm still in shock over that one.
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]