`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
So apparently no one wants to buy Five Star anymore?

So apparently no one wants to buy Five Star anymore?
I should have my box arriving today! Cruising around Ebay, I saw a factory sealed box with no reserve. Put in a snipe, and ended up getting it for under $300! Did I end up stealing it? Or is demand that low for last year's Five Star? I know D&A/Blowout still sell them for $100 more than what I ended up getting it for. Perhaps I will update this with the contents of said box if I get home at a decent hour and we'll see if it was a steal or not. :-)

RE: So apparently no one wants to buy Five Star anymore?
I hope it was a steal!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I don't break boxes anymore, so have no clue why there was little interest in the box. Just wanted to wish you luck and I hope you pull a monster card. Big Grin
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

what year is it? if its 2010 im looking for the Brees base....cant find it ANYWHERE!!

good luck!
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

Yeah. I think the hype is over. I bought a few boxes when it first came out. And got a bunch of crap. So maybe people arent rushing to buy any. It doesnt seem to hold value.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

Of the 3 major high end products, BV's are lower and hold less value than Exquisite and NT. This year people didnt like 5star as much as they did in its debut in 2010. Also probably doesnt help that the main player from the class Cam, has seen his stuff drop a lot this year. Good luck though, hopefully you hit something sick!

People are buying less and less of the higher end stuff. Just can't afford to drop 3 or 4 bills on a product and have a resale value of $20. Instead, people are buying the singles they want.

Have a better shot of getting something that is valued to you when you buy singles over buying boxes. I opened 4 packs of Momentum at $30 per pack this year and that was almost too much for me.

(10-15-2012, 01:31 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: People are buying less and less of the higher end stuff. Just can't afford to drop 3 or 4 bills on a product and have a resale value of $20. Instead, people are buying the singles they want.

Have a better shot of getting something that is valued to you when you buy singles over buying boxes. I opened 4 packs of Momentum at $30 per pack this year and that was almost too much for me.
Yeah but Momentum was quite famous for terrible breaks. I opened a 3 box case when Five Star came out and 2 of the 3 were very good, one was just ok. Maybe I just got somewhat lucky, but Five Star seemed to be less "all or nothing" than my NT breaks.

Exquisite is really nice since they are all supposedly hand-packed. All the ones I have seen were a pretty decent mix. Unfortunately, I was/am done with Upper Deck when they lost their NFL license.

Good luck on the box.