`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, I'm done

Ok, I'm done
Just got back from game 1 Yank vs Tigers....what a dissapointment. This is the 4th playoff game I've been to this year between baseball and hockey and my team has lost every game! Not gonna go to anymore playoff games anytime soon. The Yankees games were rough. Went to game 4 vs Orioles and Phelps lost it in the 13th. Tonight was amazing for 1 inning. I've never been at a game like this, ever. When Ibanez hit the home run to tie the game, it was absolute madness! I can't even explain the emotions. I was still thinking to myself that we have to score in the first couple of extra innings cause when Cabrera and Fielder get up, we could easily lose the game and have came back for nothing. That was the case. The inning that Cabrera led off, we lost the game. It was Phelps once again that got the loss!

Now, Yankee fans or whoever else follows the Yankees games, what do you think should be done? Girardi keeps pinch hitting ARod and I think he's going a little overboard now, Chavez is yet to get a hit. In the first few games of the playoffs, I was saying that he should not bench anyone and that its the first few games, we shouldn't worry. Now I agree with some people, he has to do something. We had the bases loaded 3 times and couldn't score. We also had 2nd and 3rd no outs and couldn't score. Why can't we play for 1 run? Why doesn't Teixiera bunt to leadoff the inning when Cabrera is playing right on second base? Why can't we just play for that 1 run at a time? Why hasn't Girardi pinch hit for Cano yet? Swisher?...the guy pops out and thinks its funny...starting to get me upset. Granderson?...he can't get on base. Why not put Gardner in or Nunez who is now replacing Jeter? They can get singles, lay down bunts, and run. Now Jeter is done which makes it so much worse cause he was the only one hitting, besides Ibanez. If it wasn't for a 40 year old bench player, we wouldn't even be where we are. Sorry for the long rant but I would love to here everyones opinions.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

RE: Ok, I'm done
wow that's rough
[Image: bobbyrain.jpg]

IM BACK SO LETS GET SOME TRADES DONE

I agree with the small ball concept. Cabrera is a liability at 3rd base that the Yankees need to exploit by dropping bunts down the line when anyone gets on. Can anyone actually bunt consistantly, though? Haven't seen too much of it from the Bombers.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

the dynasty is getting old and its starting to show. the yanks are about to have some rough years ahead.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

Jeter getting hurt is a tragedy, not just because he was batting well but just being the soul of the team. As for replacing him, I would assume they will put Nunez (activating him to be on the roster) at SS. Giradi said in the post game interview that Alex wouldn't be a viable option at the position because it has been so long.

This is Arod's time to step up and shine. He has become a better teammate and this is just his time. He is my least favorite yankee but he will always get blamed for his attitude but you can see he has changed. It is just annoying so much money and he is doing horribly. As you said, same with Granderson and Cano.

I drove my girlfriend home in the 8th (luckily I got back for the 9th) but John Sterling on the radio brought up a good point. Alex got replaced because their is Chavez who can hit but also he is a gold glove third baseman. You're not going to sub in Gardner or Nix in for Granderson or Cano unless you have to (which proved to be in the later innings)

What to do? Granderson needs to start getting on base...not even homeruns because those have been his only hits it seems.. He needs to run those bases. Cano just needs to be Cano. ARod needs to step up and lead. The first and second inning killed me (you must have been pulling your hair out at the game)

Lets just hope if/when batting turns around that pitching doesn't go sour.

[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(10-14-2012, 07:52 AM)phreakyq Wrote: the dynasty is getting old and its starting to show. the yanks are about to have some rough years ahead.
I was unaware that the Yanks were a dynasty.

(10-14-2012, 07:58 AM)stera8 Wrote: Jeter getting hurt is a tragedy,
oh for god's sake, no it isnt. he's an old player with multiple championships. i wont even bother with comparing this to real tragedies, so let's keep it within the baseball sphere: a prospect coming up and getting hurt before he can make an impact or make a good living...that's a tragedy. Tony C getting beaned in the eye was a tragedy. dave dravecky coming back from cancer only to have his arm break while pitching in his comeback was a tragedy. ryan westmoreland is a tragedy

the fact is this:

The stress of moving more than 2 steps to jeter's left for the first time in a decade was simply too much for his body to take

he has had a great career. he'll most likely be ready for spring training. he has won multiple times.

there are hundreds of injuries every year. almost none of them are tragedies. and that includes jeter

im sorry he got hurt - one of the few modern yankees i begrudgingly respect (along with mariano). id rather see the tigers beat the yankees with jeter, so yankee fans wouldnt be able to use it as an excuse

(10-14-2012, 08:50 AM)tntmclmm Wrote: I was unaware that the Yanks were a dynasty.
do a google search for "yankees dynasty". you'll find plenty.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(10-14-2012, 07:52 AM)phreakyq Wrote: the dynasty is getting old and its starting to show. the yanks are about to have some rough years ahead.
Agreed.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Pretty lame that Yankee Stadium was only 2/3 full in the 9th. -It was a great (exciting) game and I would've said the same thing whether the Tigers won or lost. It was amazing to see Ibanez hit that home run when everyone was expecting it. So clutch!

-I agree with the point made earlier about Teixera needing to bunt in that situation. -The Yanks just needed someone on base there. You can't hit a two-run home run with no one on base. Not sure what Girardi was aiming for there.

Also, while I won't necessarily knock Swish for his lame dive attempt in the top of the 12th (it looked to me like he was planning his roll rather than trying to actually catch the ball), I will point out that he pulled up short on a shallow pop-up earlier in the game. There was no reason not to dive there!! Cabrera gambled and was rounding third by the time that ball dropped in front of Swisher's feet. The thing was, there was no risk in diving for that ball. -It's not like it was going to roll to the wall. It literally plopped down and stopped where it landed.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*