`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Serious concern about print runs

RE: Serious concern about print runs
Oh man guys, I really really wish I had the money to get a lawsuit going. I have no problem confronting people about this crap as the manager will soon find out if I ever actually get to talk to him. Im a pretty easy going person and like to give people the benefit of the doubt but I hate not getting exact answers. I feel bad for these CS people I keep talking to because they really dont know much and its not their fault. At the same time it would suck to possibly shut down a card company being a collector if it went that far but I honestly wouldnt mind doing it with all the crap their putting out right now and the way their going about doing it. Crappy cards for expensive prices. Entire products without a single actual game used jersey piece in them. Its no better than grabbing an old shirt out of the closet and making your own card.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

yeah, shut em down! lets see a panini liquidation sale. seriously, the whole redemption thing sucks.to pull a hot rookie and not recieve the card until his career is in the tank? to pull your white whale only to get the company runaround and never get your card? or a replacement card that isnt of the same one you wanted? its all gotten out of hand, thats why the secondary market is my place to shop.oh, i still have the addiction and cant resist a pack or box purchase while in the LCS, but 9 times out of 10 im left dissapointed. its more like gambling than collecting...
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

I almost wonder if there are people at these places who happen to be collectors themselves, who just kind of, help themselves to some of these cards. Hence why some come up missing.

I know if I worked there and saw some of these gems sitting around in a filling cabnet...who would notice a few of the millions of cards sitting around if they happen to come up short.

Just saying...
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(10-12-2012, 03:55 PM)samiamryan Wrote: I almost wonder if there are people at these places who happen to be collectors themselves, who just kind of, help themselves to some of these cards. Hence why some come up missing.

I know if I worked there and saw some of these gems sitting around in a filling cabnet...who would notice a few of the millions of cards sitting around if they happen to come up short.

Just saying...
Yup I wonder that too. Especially since they told me different people were running the place last year and didnt keep very good records. Now they seem to be out of stock of these rare cards as if they were all pulled already? How convenient is that? The people that work at these places have to know what some of these cards sell for and could easily make more money from selling them than from their paychecks.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(10-12-2012, 03:55 PM)samiamryan Wrote: I almost wonder if there are people at these places who happen to be collectors themselves, who just kind of, help themselves to some of these cards. Hence why some come up missing.

Just saying...
don't know if this will "dispel" this thought but I've been in Tracy Hackler and Scott Prusha's office ..... while there is hoards of cool swag, there's hardly a card to be found ..... the only cards Tracy had on his desk were the 24K gold Contenders that he was personally in charge of sending out to the lucky redemption winners Smile

Now mind you I could pay for pbeanjr's College fund with some of the gear hanging on the walls Blush

I think for folks that work in the industry the lure of collecting cards is not that much fun ..... while they love their jobs, they deal with cardboard and players every day so the "rush" is probably long gone.

(10-13-2012, 09:46 AM)pbean Wrote: don't know if this will "dispel" this thought but I've been in Tracy Hackler and Scott Prusha's office ..... while there is hoards of cool swag, there's hardly a card to be found ..... the only cards Tracy had on his desk were the 24K gold Contenders that he was personally in charge of sending out to the lucky redemption winners Smile

Now mind you I could pay for pbeanjr's College fund with some of the gear hanging on the walls Blush

I think for folks that work in the industry the lure of collecting cards is not that much fun ..... while they love their jobs, they deal with cardboard and players every day so the "rush" is probably long gone.
I would have to agree - If your job is a fisherman you arent going fishing on your days off lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(10-13-2012, 10:01 AM)branesergen Wrote: I would have to agree - If your job is a fisherman you arent going fishing on your days off lol
yea,...i sure as heck dont pour concrete for fun on my days off i guess.....now that i think about it.
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Take em to court!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.