`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Job Braves Fans

RE: Nice Job Braves Fans
(10-08-2012, 07:01 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I went to an NFL game for my dad's birthday last December ... saw fans openly giving the finger and yelling F-U to anyone wearing the other team's jersey ... smelled pot smoke ... heard the dad in front of us yelling "F-U, f-gg-ts" to the referees — with his two young sons sitting next to him.

I'm far from a prude or a geek or whatever you want to call it, but the atmosphere was so hostile and unenjoyable — even though my team won, heh heh, shutting up the thousands of idiot fans — I will probably never go to another NFL game.

And no, I wasn't wearing my team's jersey or even cheering for them, I didn't want to deal with the bulls--t, so I wasn't part of the problem.

I was just amazed at the lack of basic adult behavior.
Just out of curiosity, who's your team?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-08-2012, 07:01 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I went to an NFL game for my dad's birthday last December ... saw fans openly giving the finger and yelling F-U to anyone wearing the other team's jersey ... smelled pot smoke ... heard the dad in front of us yelling "F-U, f-gg-ts" to the referees — with his two young sons sitting next to him.

I'm far from a prude or a geek or whatever you want to call it, but the atmosphere was so hostile and unenjoyable — even though my team won, heh heh, shutting up the thousands of idiot fans — I will probably never go to another NFL game.

And no, I wasn't wearing my team's jersey or even cheering for them, I didn't want to deal with the bulls--t, so I wasn't part of the problem.

I was just amazed at the lack of basic adult behavior.
Ah, sounds like you were in Philly at the Link.
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

(10-08-2012, 07:22 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Just out of curiosity, who's your team?
I'm a Lions fan.
(10-08-2012, 07:56 PM)Magnifico21 Wrote: Ah, sounds like you were in Philly at the Link.
Nope. But I won't go to another game, anywhere. It truly was that unenjoyable.

Great call! The timing was bad though. If the Cards or Orioles win the series, do you think this playoff format will be kept?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(10-08-2012, 07:56 PM)Magnifico21 Wrote: Ah, sounds like you were in Philly at the Link.
Yeah cause nothing ever happens anywhere but Philly right?
(10-08-2012, 05:53 PM)capncush Wrote: there are 30 teams in the league. Fans of all 30 of them would have had the same reaction or worse to the same call. get off your high horses...

yes, i was someone who threw a lot of the garbage...
No not all fans would react that way. Idiots do. If you were actually throwing garbage then you sir are one of those idiots
(10-08-2012, 06:16 PM)CardiacCat Wrote: Phillies suck. And yes that is all I'm going to say.
Thanks for the contribution. What are you 3 years old?

(10-08-2012, 06:16 PM)CardiacCat Wrote: Phillies suck. And yes that is all I'm going to say.
This is the most relevant response of them all. You can make a whole analysis from it..............
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(10-08-2012, 05:53 PM)capncush Wrote: there are 30 teams in the league. Fans of all 30 of them would have had the same reaction or worse to the same call. get off your high horses...

yes, i was someone who threw a lot of the garbage...
Just because fans of all other 30 teams would have reacted the same doesn't make it excusable. I also doubt that the fans of every major league team would have acted like spoiled 2 year olds over a terrible call. In fact, I didn't see any trash being thrown on the field after the Seattle/Green Bay game with the replacement refs? Honestly, I feel worst for Chipper. To have such a long and storied career playing for only one team... and then to have the fans of that team embarrass themselves and their team so badly in his last game, it's unfortunate.

(10-09-2012, 05:10 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Honestly, I feel worst for Chipper. To have such a long and storied career playing for only one team... and then to have the fans of that team embarrass themselves and their team so badly in his last game, it's unfortunate.
I couldn't agree more

(10-09-2012, 04:15 PM)phillies816 Wrote: No not all fans would react that way. Idiots do. If you were actually throwing garbage then you sir are one of those idiots
to further beat a dead horse... so says the phillies fan...

got beer thrown on me as a 7 year old... twice... watchin a game at the vet with a braves hat on...

(10-09-2012, 05:10 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Just because fans of all other 30 teams would have reacted the same doesn't make it excusable. I also doubt that the fans of every major league team would have acted like spoiled 2 year olds over a terrible call. In fact, I didn't see any trash being thrown on the field after the Seattle/Green Bay game with the replacement refs? Honestly, I feel worst for Chipper. To have such a long and storied career playing for only one team... and then to have the fans of that team embarrass themselves and their team so badly in his last game, it's unfortunate.
it was in seattle... why would they be upset?

bad for chipper? thats the most people ive seen at a Braves game since the WS... never felt that great an atmosphere during a game in this state outside a college football stadium before... why? chipper...
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

(10-09-2012, 04:15 PM)phillies816 Wrote: Yeah cause nothing ever happens anywhere but Philly right?
I didn't say that, I just said it sounds like the link. Don't pretend that all your fans are saints, I've seen and heard completely different.
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/