`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What happened to this forum?
10-05-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: What happened to this forum?
(10-05-2012 12:13 PM)pretz6969 Wrote:  I check in often just don't say much anymore. Since I gave up on my Bobby collection to focus on the Pastrana one I don't trade much anymore cause it seems no one pulls his cards. I usually end up having to buy them off the dreaded feebay. Also don't usually have much time to add all my new traders from each hobby box to my org so I kinda gave up on that and just add the race used and autos.

I understand that completely. Bobby is getting harder to pull this far into his career and Pastrana hasn't made his name in NASCAR yet. He will start to get more cards that aren't just RC/AU/Mem cards in 2013. I think he has done really well with what he's been given.
Travis is an awesome driver, and I think he could end up being a better NASCAR driver than Danica. He can race the heck out of ANYTHING with wheels.
As long as he doesn't keep getting screwed over in random ways like he did in the Summer X-Games or that call to put him in front of the Nationwide race that made him a sitting duck, he can get to the Cup Series. I guess I could say the same for Danica, but even when she doesn't have those random problems, she still finishes in the teens. I can't wait to see what those 2 do in the Nationwide Series next year.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: JJSolarSwatches.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I agree with shelbysheen A DESERT !

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
10-06-2012, 08:16 PM
(10-06-2012 03:42 PM)alstott9adams Wrote:  I agree with shelbysheen A DESERT !

I disagree. This forum was more active in the Spring and Summer than it had been in years. Now it's died off again. Seems everyone gets recruited to NUTS and mostly stops coming here on a regular basis.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
10-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Ur correct on that spazmatastic

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
10-09-2012, 01:56 PM
(10-06-2012 08:16 PM)spazmatastic Wrote:  I disagree. This forum was more active in the Spring and Summer than it had been in years. Now it's died off again. Seems everyone gets recruited to NUTS and mostly stops coming here on a regular basis.
where do you get this information that they are being "RECRUITED" I know I havent mentioned any other site since being an admin here. I told them up front I would not do it and have stayed to my word. So whos doing the recruiting.

The simple answer is no one.

I do the approvals over there and the majority of new applicants arrive from you tube or the press pass facebook page. I have only had one applicant mention beckett at all and it was his screen name from yet another site.

you yourself have not been there in over four months so you know they are being recruited how. i have deleted over 50 members in the past four months and approved less than 20 none from beckett.

its easy to blame somewhere else for the lack of activity here but its just not true.

In the spring/summer if you really look at the activty it wasnt as busy as you remember. Some days didnt have a post and the ones that did a lot of times it was still the same 4 people talking to each other.

Hobby activity has decreased across the board and when you start with fewer than 10 members it doesnt take long to be dead again.

So instead of assuming that the members are being recruited maybe another look needs to be made to why they leave.

CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]
10-09-2012, 01:56 PM
(10-06-2012 08:16 PM)spazmatastic Wrote:  I disagree. This forum was more active in the Spring and Summer than it had been in years. Now it's died off again. Seems everyone gets recruited to NUTS and mostly stops coming here on a regular basis.
where do you get this information that they are being "RECRUITED" I know I havent mentioned any other site since being an admin here. I told them up front I would not do it and have stayed to my word. So whos doing the recruiting.

The simple answer is no one.

I do the approvals over there and the majority of new applicants arrive from you tube or the press pass facebook page. I have only had one applicant mention beckett at all and it was his screen name from yet another site.

you yourself have not been there in over four months so you know they are being recruited how. i have deleted over 50 members in the past four months and approved less than 20 none from beckett.

its easy to blame somewhere else for the lack of activity here but its just not true.

In the spring/summer if you really look at the activty it wasnt as busy as you remember. Some days didnt have a post and the ones that did a lot of times it was still the same 4 people talking to each other.

Hobby activity has decreased across the board and when you start with fewer than 10 members it doesnt take long to be dead again.

So instead of assuming that the members are being recruited maybe another look needs to be made to why they leave.

10-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Maybe 'recruited' wasn't the right word to use, but every regular on this forum knows about the 'other site'. Many found out through PM's from other members here (like myself). Some just never ( or rarely ) return here after joining over there. I explained why I don't go there much anymore in a previous post.
When I could afford to buy boxes on a regular basis, I was just as active there as I was here. This year I have spent less time on either site than I normally would. There are chunks of time that I was completely gone from here too, especially since May.
I prefer this site for 2 reasons. One is the Organize and the other is the fact that I collect 3 sports and have cards from several sports as well as many non-sports stuff.
I'm not trying to get into an argument or make anyone mad or upset. I was just wondering why it slowed down so quickly.

10-15-2012, 04:09 AM
your not making me mad. it was just a discussion the way i see it. I visit 6-8 sites every day just in case that card im looking for or someone else is looking for shows up.

i found a harvick /5 card the other day on a different site and was able to secure it for the beckett harvick supercollector.

10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Hey guys,

Well, an interesting topic, to say the least. I know that my involvement here has been very limited lately, mostly due to my work schedule (getting on during the day is tough these days), and my personal life - I just bought a house, so I have been packing and getting things ready for the move, and I am not willing to buy anythign new to break until after I move.

I do not go to any other sites...I am pretty cool with the familiar, especially since I have tried hard to build a decent reputation here, which is tough because I am not able to be involved daily, yet alone to the level that I would like to be. I want to trade more, I would like to sell some stuff, too, but it is all about time and priorities.

Having said that, I need to go right now, as work calls...

Collecting:
09 Topps Magic Football (Need 12 SPs)
# 44, 55, 82, 86, 98, 105, 154, 165, 172, 199, 206, 239

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller variations (43 of 56, 77%)
Tough to list these out...please help.

I collect these guys:
[Image: Sig2.png]
10-17-2012, 10:41 PM
(10-17-2012 08:48 AM)dunnere Wrote:  Hey guys,

Well, an interesting topic, to say the least. I know that my involvement here has been very limited lately, mostly due to my work schedule (getting on during the day is tough these days), and my personal life - I just bought a house, so I have been packing and getting things ready for the move, and I am not willing to buy anythign new to break until after I move.

I do not go to any other sites...I am pretty cool with the familiar, especially since I have tried hard to build a decent reputation here, which is tough because I am not able to be involved daily, yet alone to the level that I would like to be. I want to trade more, I would like to sell some stuff, too, but it is all about time and priorities.

Having said that, I need to go right now, as work calls...

I am glad to see you had a chance to post here.
I know how life can interfere with someones hobbies and we've done a couple of trades that took a long time to work out. Patience is a virtue and I certainly got to appreciate my own patience on our last trade. Wink
I have only been able to get on after work lately. I work 2nd shift hours and used to get on here before work during the mid-afternoon hours too. But the past couple of weeks I have been working on stripping down & re-insulating my exterior windows. It's been a pain in the butt, but will be worth it during the winter. I still have to glaze about half of the windows and let that sit for a week or so before I can paint them. I am hoping the weather will start to co-operate with me a bit more so I can finish the project before the weather changes enough to make the glaze and painting projects impossible.

Congrats on the new house! Do you have room for a 'Man Cave' there, OR at least a 'hobby room'??? Smile