`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown

RE: Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown
Nice job Miggy!! Best acquisition in Tiger history!!!! MVP!!!!!

a great accomplishment! It might be that I never get to see it happen again.
X

(10-03-2012, 09:22 AM)akbobcat Wrote: When I think of an MVP it is a player who has helped their team the most above and beyond any other player during that season. In this case, Miguel, the potential MVP has helped his team to clinch the division. That's right division not the second wild card slot which is new to the 2012 year. Mike Trout is going home to fish in the off season. MVPs are graded on offense and defense throughout the entire season. Mike Trout has not played the whole season.

Mike Trout should win ROY, Gold Glove, Defensive POY, and be happy with that. His year is impressive for a first year but not as impressive as Miguel's Triple Crown/playoff season. Look at the stats as posted on MLB.com this morning 10/3/12.

Offensive argument:

Miguel has more HRs, RBIs, 2Bs, Hits, games played, slugging, and OPS.
Trout has more steals, SOs, CSs, 1 more walk than Miguel, and only 20 more runs scored. Trout bats first too if I'm correct so that attributes to his more runs scored. Trout has struck out 42 more times in 22 less games played. That's 42 more outs where the ball did not advance the base runner.

Defensive argument:

Yadier Molina has played the same amount of games as Trout. Yadier has struck out 84 less times, has 7 less RBIs, has 2 more 2Bs, and is batting .009 less that Trout. Yet, Yadier isn't being considered an MVP for his numbers. The catching position plays the most important defensive position of all positions, including CF. Miguel moved positions and played out of position the whole season to benefit his team. This is why I stand by my opinion that Miguel is clearly the MVP of the AL in 2012.
I don't see what Yadier Molina has to do with comparing Cabrera and Trout defensively. Trout plays a Gold Glove-caliber defense in center while Cabrera plays slightly-below-average third base.

When comparing Trout and Cabrera's offensive numbers, you have to take into consideration their different spots in the lineup. Of course Cabrera will have more chances for RBIs in the #3 spot than Trout will leading off. In fact, 30 HRs and 83 RBIs is pretty damn good for a lead-off hitter.

You mention the fact that Trout has played 20 fewer games and that's somehow an argument against him? The fact that he's achieved his numbers in 20 fewer games is an argument FOR him. And as others have mentioned, the Angels have the best record in the league since he was called up.

Let's not forget, the AL West was a much better division than the AL Central this year. Even the lowly Mariners had a better record than the bottom 3 in the Central. Trout's numbers came against better overall competition.

The triple crown's neat and all but it really doesn't measure 'most valuable' as well as some may think.

CONGRATS! Sadly, it's a feat that just is not getting as much props as it should...it's been 45 years since the last time it's been done...it should be celebrated!

Well done
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(10-03-2012, 10:33 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: I've read the whole thread and I don't remember anyone saying what I've said. Maybe crazyforkinsler was implying that said player was on roids.

And no one said anything about wanting Hambone to have a 4 HR game.

And the last topic, I was pointing out that the person said "quit" instead of "quite".

Is this what you were referring to when you said do I even READ before I post?
Post #60...

tntmclmm Wrote: Hr's aren't locked up quit yet.
Not only that, but HR's aren't quite locked up yet either.

And It doesn't matter now anyways. Because He did something only 15 other players have ever done....
(10-04-2012, 12:46 AM)kstjst Wrote: CONGRATS! Sadly, it's a feat that just is not getting as much props as it should...it's been 45 years since the last time it's been done...it should be celebrated!
I agree.......

I'm not even a Tigers fan... And it seems like this is something that is done every year .... *shrugs*
Alright. I know ESPN stinks.....
But I have a few players I keep an eye on, And Posey is one of them.
But..... I was reading this......

From Elias: Buster Posey led the National League with a .336 batting average, and Posey alone prevented Miguel Cabrera from winning the major league Triple Crown (leading all players in both leagues in batting average, home runs and RBI).

(10-04-2012, 08:39 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Post #60...

tntmclmm Wrote: Hr's aren't locked up quit yet.
Not only that, but HR's aren't quite locked up yet either.
What?

I wrote the 2nd sentence. Did you not READ my statement? I'll make my statement again. I was pointing out the he wrote "quit", but he meant to write "quite".
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I was actually very much rooting for miggy even though I love hamilton! He deserves it and I will be speechless if he does not win the AL MVP!

Never thought about it, but that's probably true. Not to take anything away from Miggy because he led his league in all 3. But he didn't lead all of baseball in all 3.

(10-04-2012, 08:39 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: From Elias: Buster Posey led the National League with a .336 batting average, and Posey alone prevented Miguel Cabrera from winning the major league Triple Crown (leading all players in both leagues in batting average, home runs and RBI).

Definitely feel Cabrera should be getting way more props than he is receiving..

I thought I would never see a Triple Crown...

[Image: arod.gif]