`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matsuzaka and Darvish

Matsuzaka and Darvish
I've been watching the Yankees game tonight and couldn't be happier with the scoreBig Grin But it got me thinking, and I'm pretty sure someone has brought this up already, but what if Darvish ends up like Matsuzaka? When Matsuzaka showed up in the league in 2007 everyone thought he'd be great. To the doubters who thought he was another Irabu (and it turns out they were right) everyone just said "He's different." Now to those who thought Darvish was another Matsuzaka everyone said "He's different." Well, Darvish has been good early on, but so was Matsuzaka. But tonight's line for Matsuzaka pretty much sums up his career, when not hurt, since 2009:
IP H R ER BB K HR WHIP Season ERA
D. Matsuzaka 2.1 6 5 5 1 2 2 1.71 8.28
So, I can picture Darvish on a night in early October, like this one, say 5 years from now, with a line similar to this one. Sure is a scary thought for Darvish collectors, isn't it? Do you think Darvish is another Dice-K?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

RE: Matsuzaka and Darvish
yes, darvish is another dice-k. just like harper will be another tulo, except there was less hype over tulo and tulo is better.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

It's funny how everyone gets all excited about a Japanese pitcher every time, then he burns out every time. It's because they are at least halfway through their prime when they come here. When will executives learn! I didn't think about Harper when posting this but I agree with you. He seems like he'll have Tulo production. If "Baseball's Chosen One" (Sports Illustrated reference) is already here it would be Trout, but he'll have to keep it up for a few years before I know one way or another.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

dice-k is not even close to irabu. he won a world series game, he had a great 2007, etc etc etc

People thought he might be another Irabu. I worded it unclearly, he was not another Irabu, but was still a bust albeit after two good seasons. You raise a good point though. My parenthetical expression should read "and they were right to doubt."

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(10-03-2012, 08:22 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: People thought he might be another Irabu. I worded it unclearly, he was not another Irabu, but was still a bust albeit after two good seasons. You raise a good point though. My parenthetical expression should read "and they were right to doubt."
RIP Irabu Sad

I remember watching his first game against I believe the Tigers at Yankees Stadium... CRAZY HYPE
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Yeah, just never lived up to the hype. I think he was past his prime when he got to the Yankees, which happens with many Japanese pitchers.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.