Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What To Do With This Duke Snider?
Sad 
What To Do With This Duke Snider?
Busted another box of TTT and got a really great Snider card but was soon pointed out by Chris J., there was damage.... ARGHHHHHHH

All my cards finally arrived, here's the Snider:

[Image: snider_zps9b8970ac.jpg]

[Image: snider2_zpsf1c1de9f.jpg]

Makes me want to cry. Is it even worth sending in for replacement? I had hopes to sell it but I don't feel like dealing with a headache of a sale. Not looking to trade it, only selling atm.

[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

RE: What To Do With This Duke Snider?
how much r u willing to sell it for?

You see, what you need to do is...hand it over to me! Or...OR.....cherish having a fine--albeit damaged--Duke Snider card. It's still a very nice card. One of the cleaner Late Duke sticker autos I've seen recently.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

(10-03-2012, 05:35 PM)rpspenner Wrote: You see, what you need to do is...hand it over to me! Or...OR.....cherish having a fine--albeit damaged--Duke Snider card. It's still a very nice card. One of the cleaner Late Duke sticker autos I've seen recently.
I instantly thought of you when I saw my video break and saw the Snider lol.

Just bums me out it's damaged like that, straight out of the pack too!!

(10-03-2012, 05:47 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: I instantly thought of you when I saw my video break and saw the Snider lol.

Just bums me out it's damaged like that, straight out of the pack too!!
lol, thanks. Yeah, that is a bummer, especially if you were looking to sell. If it were me, I'd still hang on to it. It could be worth a shot to contact Topps, but I doubt you'd get a replacement Duke. I do think the cleaner Duke auto makes up for the ding, though.
I ship on weekends

(10-03-2012, 05:51 PM)rpspenner Wrote: lol, thanks. Yeah, that is a bummer, especially if you were looking to sell. If it were me, I'd still hang on to it. It could be worth a shot to contact Topps, but I doubt you'd get a replacement Duke. I do think the cleaner Duke auto makes up for the ding, though.
That is true, I never really looked at the quality of the signature till after I took the picture. I was just so focused on that damage.

When the BV's get posted, may be we can do a trade.

(10-03-2012, 05:54 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: That is true, I never really looked at the quality of the signature till after I took the picture. I was just so focused on that damage.

When the BV's get posted, may be we can do a trade.
Yeah, gotta find that silver lining somehow! Sounds good man, I'd definitely be interested!
I ship on weekends

You wont get a BV on something numbered to 9. I don't see the damage. The loop under the top of the 2? That's it? I think people would be willing to overlook that.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

Yeah, I don't see the damage, either, unless that white spot under the two is foil peeling back. However, look at it this way, it is a nice looking auto of a Hall of Famer. I haven't seen a whole lot of his autos around, so it is still a valuable card. There are some but not a whole lot. I'd hang on to it, personally.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Sweet Pull! Like the others I don't see the damage either. Die cutter most have missed that one.