`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
I think i bought a fake auto :(
09-29-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: I think i bought a fake auto :(
if you thought it was odd, why did you bid on it then?

Supercollecting DeMarco Murray LMK if you have anything
PC Stats: 860/1435. 91 1/1's, 189 Autos, 182 Gu, 216 #ed, 180 Base/RC's

[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2012, 12:34 PM
(09-29-2012 12:30 PM)CowboysFan829488 Wrote:  if you thought it was odd, why did you bid on it then?

Very good question...im actually surprised youre the first to ask. I figured if i got it cheap enough it was worth the risk.....and for $18 i think that was cheap enough for this gronk auto. I havent got it in yet so i dont know what it looks like in person. We'll find out.

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile
09-29-2012, 12:43 PM
I agree it looks different, compared to the autograph card that I have of his and the autos in your recent mailday post. Is the card listed on Beckett? Was this card released a sticker autograph? If the answers are no, then it's fake, or an in-person. If it's an in person, then send it in to Beckett. That is what I would do. Just my two cents.

[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!
09-29-2012, 12:56 PM
(09-29-2012 12:43 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote:  I agree it looks different, compared to the autograph card that I have of his and the autos in your recent mailday post. Is the card listed on Beckett? Was this card released a sticker autograph? If the answers are no, then it's fake, or an in-person. If it's an in person, then send it in to Beckett. That is what I would do. Just my two cents.

The card is listed in beckett and i have seen legit copies of it that all look the same with exception to the auto being wirtten differently. However they did put out a non auto version of the card which is what got me skeptical.....but the picture he showed of the back shows the panini authentic stamp of approval basically...so until i get it in hand i wont know for sure. Even then it is strange....id like to know the story behind it. The more i hear what people are saying and the more i think about it....it would be hard to fake it if it does have the panini thing on the back...but its still a very odd sig....like did he have someone else sign this one or something lol

09-29-2012, 01:14 PM
I agree that the auto looks different than others,but I would rest better knowing that the COA is on the back.Like many have said already,some sign thousands at a time and I am sure are distracted at times while signing those.I think you have a great piece!

[Image: LSU-Saintsbanner.jpg]
09-29-2012, 07:05 PM
maybe Gronk signed it different to see if we are paying attention. if its the only card with a sloppy auto, does that make it a 1/1? LOL

BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: http://www.photobucket.com/collectrams
09-30-2012, 10:11 AM
(09-29-2012 07:05 PM)420ramsfan Wrote:  maybe Gronk signed it different to see if we are paying attention. if its the only card with a sloppy auto, does that make it a 1/1? LOL

Yea im surprised they didnt list it as an "ebay 1 of 1"

09-30-2012, 04:32 PM
That looks extremely odd, but if someone was going to fake it he probably would not make it look like that!

JonathanI

I look for career Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, Fire, Red Stars, and Sky players in their respective Halls of Fame. Add to that list some personal favorites on the current rosters, and everything else in my collection is up for trade.