`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2012-13 Prestige Blaster and Two Racks: I'M DONE!

2012-13 Prestige Blaster and Two Racks: I'M DONE!
I had my suspicions about this product after another member busted a hobby box.

Well, they had retail at my LWM tonight, so I grabbed a blaster and two rack packs.

I always bust the rack packs first, so I'll get to those first.

In two rack packs, I received ... two rookies. Total.

One was Terrence Jones (12-13 rookie) and one was ... Lavoy Allen (11-12 rookie).

No hits, no inserts, nothing.

On to the blaster ... one rookie per pack, meaning since there are two rookie classes you have half as good a chance as you normally do to get a good player.

The best card in the entire bust ... Derrick Williams, Timberwolves (I'm actually a fan of his, so this kind of saved the bust for me.)

Weird note: I got rookies of Fab Melo and the aforementioned Jones in action shots in their new uniforms, but guys like Meyers Leonard and Quincy Acy in their draft suits, i.e., just like Hoops.

If they got some guys in their new unis (photo shoot), why couldn't they get the rest of the guys?

The inserts are nice-looking, I got Marcus Thornton and Ricky Rubio.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this product. The base cards are nice, but the rookies are too far of a stretch, pull-wise vs. value-wise, for me to go crazy on them.

I did get triplicates of like Pau Gasol, Marcin Gortat and Corey Maggette, though — awesome!

RE: 2012-13 Prestige Blaster and Two Racks: I'M DONE!
(09-24-2012, 09:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I had my suspicions about this product after another member busted a hobby box.

Well, they had retail at my LWM tonight, so I grabbed a blaster and two rack packs.

I always bust the rack packs first, so I'll get to those first.

In two rack packs, I received ... two rookies. Total.

One was Terrence Jones (12-13 rookie) and one was ... Lavoy Allen (11-12 rookie).

No hits, no inserts, nothing.

On to the blaster ... one rookie per pack, meaning since there are two rookie classes you have half as good a chance as you normally do to get a good player.

The best card in the entire bust ... Derrick Williams, Timberwolves (I'm actually a fan of his, so this kind of saved the bust for me.)

Weird note: I got rookies of Fab Melo and the aforementioned Jones in action shots in their new uniforms, but guys like Meyers Leonard and Quincy Acy in their draft suits, i.e., just like Hoops.

If they got some guys in their new unis (photo shoot), why couldn't they get the rest of the guys?

The inserts are nice-looking, I got Marcus Thornton and Ricky Rubio.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this product. The base cards are nice, but the rookies are too far of a stretch, pull-wise vs. value-wise, for me to go crazy on them.

I did get triplicates of like Pau Gasol, Marcin Gortat and Corey Maggette, though — awesome!
Prestige blasters are notoriously bad...I won't even touch them when those 40% off stickers come out haha. Sorry about the luck!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(09-24-2012, 11:44 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Prestige blasters are notoriously bad...I won't even touch them when those 40% off stickers come out haha. Sorry about the luck!
It's OK, kind of what I expected. The rookie thing bothers me the most.

C'mon, Panini! You HAVE to realize that taking advantage of last year's BS is ... well ... more BS.

I would have greatly appreciated it if they stepped up and put two rookies (one per class) per pack — that would be their way of playing to a strength (i.e., double the rookie cards!) versus gouging us twice on last year's BS.

Oh well, I'll wait for the next release and see how that goes.

Booooooooo ...

(09-24-2012, 11:49 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It's OK, kind of what I expected. The rookie thing bothers me the most.

C'mon, Panini! You HAVE to realize that taking advantage of last year's BS is ... well ... more BS.

I would have greatly appreciated it if they stepped up and put two rookies (one per class) per pack — that would be their way of playing to a strength (i.e., double the rookie cards!) versus gouging us twice on last year's BS.

Oh well, I'll wait for the next release and see how that goes.

Booooooooo ...
If they had put 1 rc per class per pack, that would then devalue the cards and everyone will be complaining that the cards a so cheap. Plus, you admittedly bought retail - since when has retail had the best colation?

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Your comment about two rookie classes making it tougher to get a good rookie makes no sense. Two rookie classes equals two sets of the good and the bad, so same odds as one rookie class.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(09-25-2012, 07:44 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Your comment about two rookie classes making it tougher to get a good rookie makes no sense. Two rookie classes equals two sets of the good and the bad, so same odds as one rookie class.
+1, there are two number one picks, and several other guys from each class worth having, so twice as many good ones + twice as hard to pull = same odds of getting one of note?

(09-25-2012, 02:34 AM)taffster74 Wrote: If they had put 1 rc per class per pack, that would then devalue the cards and everyone will be complaining that the cards a so cheap. Plus, you admittedly bought retail - since when has retail had the best colation?
The cards already don't book well ... regular base Prestige RCs never do ... it's more of a set builder's product ... so they're making it twice as hard to complete the set.

In essence, they're gouging you and capitalizing on last year's BS in the process.

And if you re-read my post, you will see I referenced another member's hobby box break, where he had the same rookie distribution as the retail blaster.
(09-25-2012, 07:44 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Your comment about two rookie classes making it tougher to get a good rookie makes no sense. Two rookie classes equals two sets of the good and the bad, so same odds as one rookie class.
If you're buying a box of Prestige — retail or hobby — and you're looking for an Anthony Davis rookie card, do you have a better chance with 24 rookies from his class (hobby) or eight from his class (retail) ... or do you have a better chance with 12 rookies from his class (hobby) or four from his class (retail)?

Thanks though.
(09-25-2012, 10:19 AM)hitmancollectibles Wrote: +1, there are two number one picks, and several other guys from each class worth having, so twice as many good ones + twice as hard to pull = same odds of getting one of note?
If you're buying a box of Prestige — retail or hobby — and you're looking for an Anthony Davis rookie card, do you have a better chance with 24 rookies from his class (hobby) or eight from his class (retail) ... or do you have a better chance with 12 rookies from his class (hobby) or four from his class (retail)?

Thanks though.

(09-24-2012, 09:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: On to the blaster ... one rookie per pack, meaning since there are two rookie classes you have half as good a chance as you normally do to get a good player.
Here is your exact comment we are both talking about...where do you say anything about wanting to pull Anthony Davis?????
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Sorry about the bad break
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(09-25-2012, 11:47 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Here is your exact comment we are both talking about...where do you say anything about wanting to pull Anthony Davis?????
Fair enough ... but when your ONE rookie in a rack pack is Lavoy Allen ... he of a mighty 4.1 points and 4.2 rebounds per game ... it's very lame.

I was hoping they'd be more like Hoops rack packs, with 2-3 rookies per (as that's how football usually is).

The good news, though, is that I went back for another blaster today, and in the next to last pack ... drumroll, please ...

Kyrie Irving.

Man, I love Prestige this year! LOL