`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
So these Ebay box breaks that "abide by Ebay policies"

So these Ebay box breaks that "abide by Ebay policies"
I took part in an Ebay Box Break and wound up not getting anything from my team pulled. No problem, I understood the risk. I had to explain to my boss (my better half) why there was $x.00 deducted via Paypal and I have nothing to show for it. "BUT! The listing says that all participants do get something so that they remain within Ebay guidelines therefore it's NOT a chance auction."

A month later I've never received the "something." The user has perfect feedback so basically I'm feeling like I'm going all "sour grapes" on it and don't want to be "that guy."

Should I try to get my "something" or just accept that's the way the cookie crumbles with these things? It's the first time I've ever done one of these and I anticipated getting "burned" but I'm not TOO mad about it. At the same time every time I log into Ebay there's a feedback reminder and I'm not leaving positive feedback if I didn't get what the description stated.

Penny for your thoughts.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: So these Ebay box breaks that "abide by Ebay policies"
ha, i would tell him just that. im not leaving positive feedback if he doesnt do what he says. but at the same time, i totally agree with you. i wouldnt be mad really at all but getting those stupid reminders for feedback is annoying. id would just politely ask him if you are going to receive anything.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(09-20-2012, 01:56 PM)nthnoak Wrote: ha, i would tell him just that. im not leaving positive feedback if he doesnt do what he says. but at the same time, i totally agree with you. i wouldnt be mad really at all but getting those stupid reminders for feedback is annoying. id would just politely ask him if you are going to receive anything.
+1
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

I was inaccurate on the perfect feedback also. After further research, perfect feedback just in the last 12 months. So there's that.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I wouldn't bother. He would probably just send you a PWE 1987 Topps common or something. Whatever it is, it won't be worth the price of shipping, I'm sure. That was put in there so the auction wasn't pulled, but I doubt that was ever the actual intent.

If you're unhappy, I say blow the seller up. Being the bigger person is soooooo overrated.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

I've found for the most part that the majority of Live Breaks from ebay good to go. I've done a dozen or so in the last couple months and have been really pleased.

I did however learn that you have to read every single word in the description because a lot of times they'll put in right at the end that they will ship only the hits and you don't get any base cards. Also Ebay recently changed their policy to where they must offer some type of physical item for the auction to be legal and a lot of people are now putting in the description that they will mail the buyer a copy of the break on DVD if they so choose to get around that loophole knowing nobody is going to want a copy of a live break they attended already.

So it comes down to reading the full description sometimes even a couple of times before bidding and do you trust the person doing the break. Find out if they are on a board like this one or blowout and ask for references if you need that peace of mind.

I read into that and the breaks that are actually on there, should be pulled. You can't have any kind of chance listing, no matter if something else is offered in the auction.

The reason they haven't been pulled is because eBay doesn't self police. They count on people to report listings. At that point they look into it but if nobody reports you, you can list whatever you want (if you get around their keywords).
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Well I've hosted these before and if I put I send everyone something then I make sure they get something from that team even if it comes out of my personal cards but that's just good business practices...

(09-20-2012, 01:52 PM)y2hood Wrote: I took part in an Ebay Box Break and wound up not getting anything from my team pulled. No problem, I understood the risk. I had to explain to my boss (my better half) why there was $x.00 deducted via Paypal and I have nothing to show for it. "BUT! The listing says that all participants do get something so that they remain within Ebay guidelines therefore it's NOT a chance auction."

A month later I've never received the "something." The user has perfect feedback so basically I'm feeling like I'm going all "sour grapes" on it and don't want to be "that guy."

Should I try to get my "something" or just accept that's the way the cookie crumbles with these things? It's the first time I've ever done one of these and I anticipated getting "burned" but I'm not TOO mad about it. At the same time every time I log into Ebay there's a feedback reminder and I'm not leaving positive feedback if I didn't get what the description stated.

Penny for your thoughts.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(09-20-2012, 02:03 PM)nineof Wrote: If you're unhappy, I say blow the seller up. Being the bigger person is soooooo overrated.
I like this idea....LOL
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection