Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- UFC 151 Cancelled

OT- UFC 151 Cancelled
Wow..

Dane White just cancelled UFC 151...Hendo is hurt and Bones would not agree to fight Chael after Chael agreed to fight on 8 days notice...

Dana is steamed....

Bones cost a lot of people money by this and I have too admit Ive lost some respect for him..

Chael gains some respect from me for agreeing to fight on short notice after just being in the octagon last month..
[Image: arod.gif]

RE: OT- UFC 151 Cancelled
Yeah, I think it is crazy.....Jones signs that Nike deal, and now is basically ducking a Hendo clone without the punching power.

Plus Bones already had a full training camp expecting to fight...Chael would only have 8 days to make weight and hasnt trained since he fought Silva..

Really dont see what Jones was scared of...he probably could have put Chael away in the 1st Rd..

How are the poor Ring girls gonna pay the bills now???

i see what u guys are saying. but i think your reasons are exactly why he doesnt want to fight chael...he beats him in rd 1 and then people say "oh yea you should have he didnt even train, etc" or " why didnt u just wait and fight the top contender machida?"

i think he is being smart and not ducking. i dont think he even wants to fight lyoto. everyone is all on lyotos jock again after 1 nice win since he usually never finishes and now is he a stud again! sell his stuff i say jones will kill him again!!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

The entire card is cancelled because he won't fight Chael, the only person that will step up to fight him. All of the fighters are losing out here, and he is the champ.....they brings a little more responsibility with it than being an up and comer. I think he would beat Chael, but it wouldn't be a walk in the park. Find me a fight were Chael has ever just been destroyed.....not sure there is one out there. Do I think Jones has more to lose than to gain, YES....do I think that a lot of stuff is going to his head now....YES. Now he has Machida on the 22nd, so he can go and get ready for that one and see what happens. I do think he will beat Machida again as well.....but Bones just showed that it is more about him than it is the belt or the sport.

once again i see what u are saying and almost agree but sorry it has to be about yourself and not the sport. u think dana cares about each fighter? lol he only cares when u are at the top. i like the new card actually. go look at it. the original card was crap really. i am tired of having mediocre ppv events so i am good with it. jones owes no one anything including fans.

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

There is a part of me that says "he has a lot to lose by accepting it" but at the same time I think he is losing more by not taking it. I see your point, but I don't agree that it has to be about you instead of the sport. Dana has had issues with fighters before, but has never knocked a guy for stepping up and doing right by the fans. This doesn't only impact the fans, it impacts all of the other fighters who aren't getting a shot to fight and get paid now. Again, he is the champion, Tito took fights on short notice as a champ, Silva and Hughes have stepped up last minute to do fights for the sport. Plain and simple, he is the only champion that has ever not accepted a replacement fight.

Not sure he would have followed through, but pretty funny not, Chael said he would give Jones his purse if he took the fight. Also, Bisping had a funny response: "Jones says he's not fighting Chael on 8 days’ notice. I did......Just sayin". Not a big Bisping fan, but that warmed me to him a bit....lol.

"Jones owes no one anything".........really? So he made this sport all by himself? The fans paying the money don't deserve anything for that? No player in any sport is simply above the sport or the fans. He doesn't want to fight Machida either, already said it was a huge risk low reward situation for him. I like him as a fighter, but his ego has gotten a little out of sorts lately, and now this brings him down a little more on my radar.

Also, Chris Weidman offered to take the fight as well, since Anderson is looking for a bigger name for his next title defense.

(08-23-2012, 03:23 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: once again i see what u are saying and almost agree but sorry it has to be about yourself and not the sport. u think dana cares about each fighter? lol he only cares when u are at the top. i like the new card actually. go look at it. the original card was crap really. i am tired of having mediocre ppv events so i am good with it. jones owes no one anything including fans.

I can see both sides but this sure has made for a good story today...Twitter is blowing up with all kinds of comments...mostly anti-Jones and now Chael is going to be on Sportscenter..going to be classic...

BTW, I am with you......they need to have at least 3 hi profile fights a card. This was a week overall card....and too much riding on the main event.

love hearing all your comments. no one is really wrong its all our opinions.