`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Grading Order PICS

RE: 2nd Grading Order PICS
Nice stuff nick. Good luck on the grades!!!!

hey outta curiosity, what's that flair showcase MJ? Is it a rare row or something? I cant tell in the scan!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(08-01-2012, 01:01 AM)buckunteer Wrote: hey outta curiosity, what's that flair showcase MJ? Is it a rare row or something? I cant tell in the scan!
It is actually the Legacy Collection. It is 1997-98 Flair Legacy Collection Row 2. The card is numbered out of 100. Long story short my best friend pulled that card when we were kids. I had the opportunity to get the box with it in it. I had my hand on the box and then switched. Being the smart A that he is, he said I will take the box you were going to get...and he pulled that. At the time it only booked for $500. I got married three years ago and he gave it to me because I think he felt bad after all these years of teasing me with it. Everytime we saw a Subaru Legacy he would rub it in my face. Now the card has nearly increased its BV x5!
(08-01-2012, 12:51 AM)kct1 Wrote: Nice stuff nick. Good luck on the grades!!!!
Thanks man! I am kinda nervous on this order!
(07-31-2012, 03:15 PM)kevinr Wrote: Good luck on the grades I love that SP Threads
Thanks man! It is the only patch I have of MJ. I got it for under 100 a couple years ago...now his patches go for wayyy too much!
(07-31-2012, 07:20 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: Awesome stuff and best of luck! Love the East West refractor, that one's pretty high on my wish list!
Yeah, I like this card a lot. I got it in a trade a couple years ago and have always wanted to get it graded.
(08-01-2012, 01:01 AM)buckunteer Wrote: hey outta curiosity, what's that flair showcase MJ? Is it a rare row or something? I cant tell in the scan!
[Image: 9caeb9d8.jpg]

Here is a scan of the back of the card. Looks a lot different then the normal cards.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Good luck with the grades. A few nice cards in there so hope they grade high, especailly the Net Assets, a quality insert.

Heard back that the line could potentially affect the grade, but they weren't 100% positive. They said that they sometimes put it in a sleeve to see how noticeable it is from the outside. But either way you go, protection is key, not necessarily grade. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

refractor lines do effect the grade, it was either on here or another site someone had a lebron chrome refractor rc and the card looked flawless. the grade came back something like centering 9.5, corners 9.5, edges 9.5, surface 7 (due to a refractor line) and the overall grade was an 8.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(08-01-2012, 10:16 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: refractor lines do effect the grade, it was either on here or another site someone had a lebron chrome refractor rc and the card looked flawless. the grade came back something like centering 9.5, corners 9.5, edges 9.5, surface 7 (due to a refractor line) and the overall grade was an 8.
That was here, I just couldn't find the thread. I remember that they broke it out of the case for that reason.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

That Hoops SkyView is one of my favorite inserts.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Nick, I'm begining to hate your collection, JK. Congrats hope you do well on your grades.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(08-01-2012, 10:33 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: That was here, I just couldn't find the thread. I remember that they broke it out of the case for that reason.
Yes, I remember that thread. He had Viper in his user name or something.
(08-01-2012, 01:33 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: Nick, I'm begining to hate your collection, JK. Congrats hope you do well on your grades.
Haha should I post more of what I want to get graded? Thanks man! Funny thing was as I was looking through my stuff to figure out what I wanted to get graded I thought to myself that my collection wasnt the greatest. Now I know that is not completly true but compared to some with all the autos and patches and such my collection is nothing. And not to mention all the higher end mid 90's inserts that go for 500+ that I will never have haha!
(08-01-2012, 01:33 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: Nick, I'm begining to hate your collection, JK. Congrats hope you do well on your grades.
My point proven. Hegotgame1515 just updated his Jordan thread. Look at some of the 9.5's he has in some of the hard to get 90's inserts. Threads like that make me think my collection is just okay haha!
(08-01-2012, 11:52 AM)djohn Wrote: That Hoops SkyView is one of my favorite inserts.
Same here! I remember my friend pulled the Grant Hill Skyview card and everyone was just amazed. It was something like 1:288 packs or something like that and we all dreamed of owning the MJ....now that I have a big boy job I finally got it haha!

Imagine if as kids we could have bought all these 90's inserts of MJ? For example my Flair Legacy Collection only booked for 500 at the time when it came out...now it books for x5 that.
(08-01-2012, 06:16 AM)Inzamam75 Wrote: Good luck with the grades. A few nice cards in there so hope they grade high, especailly the Net Assets, a quality insert.
Thanks! I love the Net Assets card.

[Image: Nick.jpg]