`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent COMC pickups

RE: Recent COMC pickups
(07-23-2012, 12:18 AM)swanone Wrote: what does COMC stand for? can someone explain that
It is a website where you can purchase cards. it stands for check out my cards or checkoutmycards.com

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(07-23-2012, 12:18 AM)swanone Wrote: what does COMC stand for? can someone explain that
It's Checkoutmycards.com
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

Currently it stands for Check Out My Cards. However there is a change coming very soon. You should read the current blog post titled A Post With Only Good Things In It on the site to get an idea of what's approaching.

thank you all who replied will check it out

Have you guys had good luck on there? I see that people discount stuff like crazy off book, but we know book isn't what it used to be. I see the "Make Offer" option, and haven't tried it yet. How does it work? How do they ship? Adding $0.20 for a top loader seems odd to me. Is it legal to talk about here?

(07-23-2012, 08:59 PM)therobertogato Wrote: Have you guys had good luck on there? I see that people discount stuff like crazy off book, but we know book isn't what it used to be. I see the "Make Offer" option, and haven't tried it yet. How does it work? How do they ship? Adding $0.20 for a top loader seems odd to me. Is it legal to talk about here?
I buy almost all my singles off there now. I like it because you can buy cards from many different sellers and then have them all shipped for one shipping cost. Cards are shipped very secure and they have included toploaders on more expensive cards when I haven't requested it. The "Make Offer" option is handy. Make an offer, max is 50% off of asking price, although some premium sellers have that percentage lower. They either accept, deny, or counter.

It looks like they are going to try to add a shipping fee to the price of a card when it is purchased for the first time and not when you request shipment. It seems like a really bad idea, especially for sellers. We'll see how it pans out.
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

(07-24-2012, 10:41 AM)reido918 Wrote: It looks like they are going to try to add a shipping fee to the price of a card when it is purchased for the first time and not when you request shipment. It seems like a really bad idea, especially for sellers. We'll see how it pans out.
The blog entries on the site all this week will explain this better.

(07-24-2012, 11:43 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: The blog entries on the site all this week will explain this better.
I've read the blogs and understand what they're doing. As a buyer and not much of a seller on the site, it probably wouldn't affect me much at all. But if you're a seller or a flipper, it's a terrible idea. The backlash in the blogs is pretty substantial, but I doubt that stops them from implementing the new fees.
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

(07-25-2012, 07:30 AM)reido918 Wrote: I've read the blogs and understand what they're doing. As a buyer and not much of a seller on the site, it probably wouldn't affect me much at all. But if you're a seller or a flipper, it's a terrible idea. The backlash in the blogs is pretty substantial, but I doubt that stops them from implementing the new fees.
Now that all the blog entries are there almost everyone understands it better. Entry #4 in particular shows that sellers and flippers have nothing to worry about.