`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2011 National Treasures 36 Card Rc booklet

RE: 2011 National Treasures 36 Card Rc booklet
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is now that Ive sold 20 cards (1 of which was Dalton) and brought in $3000... not to mention the newton jones and murray were sold off Ebay for a fair amount as well.

Greg

I never thought it was a bad idea since your never going to find a collector who cares about every player...but 36 individual player collectors battling over a very nice card would obviously generate way more looks
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(07-24-2012, 01:59 PM)ca_cardshark Wrote: Just wondering what everyone's opinion is now that Ive sold 20 cards (1 of which was Dalton) and brought in $3000... not to mention the newton jones and murray were sold off Ebay for a fair amount as well.

Greg
Well congrats on making a little more money than what you paid for the card and the laser cutting. Not to mention eBay fees but that wasn't ever my concern anyway. I still think its a shame to destroy something so special. Collecting is what the hobby is all about and I'm sure somebody would have loved to have that card as is. Now it's gone forever and something else has just been diminished into a profit.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Gosh, I really hope they don't "professionally alter" any other cards by trimming them. What a shame it is to butcher a card like that.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(07-24-2012, 01:59 PM)ca_cardshark Wrote: Just wondering what everyone's opinion is now that Ive sold 20 cards (1 of which was Dalton) and brought in $3000... not to mention the newton jones and murray were sold off Ebay for a fair amount as well.

Greg
I dont think anyones opinion has changed. You ruined a 1 of a kind card like an idiot.
At least thats still my opinion...
I hope ev1 you sold cards to know that you destroyed the original and the card they have isnt even a real card all by itself.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

Congrats to the seller. I didn't think he would get all his money back. I still feel like most collectors on here, the card is destroyed. Now its 36 peices of cards. It is like cutting the Babe Ruth autograph off a 1927 Yankees Team ball. Yes it is a sweet auto to own, but the ball is destroyed. The complete item is destroyed.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(07-24-2012, 02:28 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Well congrats on making a little more money than what you paid for the card and the laser cutting. Not to mention eBay fees but that wasn't ever my concern anyway. I still think its a shame to destroy something so special. Collecting is what the hobby is all about and I'm sure somebody would have loved to have that card as is. Now it's gone forever and something else has just been diminished into a profit.
Its a 36 card set not 20... I still have guys like green and locker to sell (Ive already turned a profit)... This is my business, this is how I make money so if "cutting up" a card makes me roughly 80% on my investment I am going to do it.

(07-24-2012, 03:11 PM)ca_cardshark Wrote: Its a 36 card set not 20... I still have guys like green and locker to sell (Ive already turned a profit)... This is my business, this is how I make money so if "cutting up" a card makes me roughly 80% on my investment I am going to do it.
So if cutting out a patch and putting in a nicer one or using that same trimmer to trim a card and get it graded at a higher grade nets you 80% profit are you going to do that as well?
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(07-24-2012, 03:16 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: So if cutting out a patch and putting in a nicer one or using that same trimmer to trim a card and get it graded at a higher grade nets you 80% profit are you going to do that as well?
This is not relevant sir... when a patch is removed the card is "fake" do not put me in the category of fraud ever.

(07-24-2012, 03:11 PM)ca_cardshark Wrote: Its a 36 card set not 20... I still have guys like green and locker to sell (Ive already turned a profit)... This is my business, this is how I make money so if "cutting up" a card makes me roughly 80% on my investment I am going to do it.
If your investment was 4 grand plus the cost of the laser cutting and listing fees. 80% on your investment means you would need $7200 just on the card alone. Which you may get, may not. I don't care about the money in this situation. The money and profit stuff is what ruins this hobby and is why I didn't like your decision. But it's your decision and this is just my opinion. You said earlier to somebody else that your not a collector but I'm dumbfounded by that statement because I can't figure out how you even got into the card business without being a collector of something. I mean didnt you have a love for the hobby at one time before it became all about profit for you? Also it's not a set, it was a 36 card booklet. Now it's a booklet cut into 36 pieces.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/