`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-12 Limited Draft Redemptions

2011-12 Limited Draft Redemptions
Ok, I know I complained about this set, but....I don't like Past and Present and want some "RC" not "XRC" cards, assuming these will work for me, if not, I'm getting signature rookies, right? I've been buying the redemption cards of the bay and they're just random letters right? Or are the higher the letter the higher the pick? What am I actually buying for $10-$15 a pop here?

RE: 2011-12 Limited Draft Redemptions
Demystifying Panini America’s 2011-12 NBA Dual Rookie Redemption Programs
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Ok, thanks man. Such a weird year. Are they worth what they're going for on the bay in everyone's opinion?

(07-24-2012, 11:25 AM)therobertogato Wrote: Ok, thanks man. Such a weird year. Are they worth what they're going for on the bay in everyone's opinion?
In my opinion? No. For one, in regards to the 2011 Draft Pick Redemptions, people are paying the most for XRCA and XRCAA because they think with it being the first letter in the alphabet (or double letter) it somehow correlates to the #1 draft pick which would be Kyrie Irving. For all everyone knows, Kyrie Irving could end up being XRCQ and XRCA ends up being Bismack Biyombo and XRCAA ends up being Elliott Williams. How will people feel spending $100+ on AU of either of them? Mind you, Biyombo can still develop as big men are a premium in this league. Secondly, regarding the 2012 Draft Pick Redemptions, these aren't autographed. I sold one that I pulled for Anthony Davis (it was the #1 pick and I sold it the Sunday after the draft) for $88 delivered. This is a non-AU card. I started my auction at $0.99 so I would feel that the person paid what they were willing to pay for it, but that's just crazy. Thirdly, to my knowledge, these rules apply to each product. So it's not like 2012 Draft Picks won't be AU for just Past & Present, they won't be AU for Gold Standard or Limited. So if I had sold a Limited RC of Anthony Davis and it's numbered (currently, there's no indication of that) then that might be a little more acceptable at $88. I need the #9 pick, and with it being Andre Drummond, I would be willing to pay maybe $15 for it max, but definitely no more than that. But they're selling (last I checked was a few weeks ago) for quite a bit more than that.

I've been paying between $13 and $18 delievered. Not paying attention to the letters because I assumed they were random, now I've confirmed it. So, hmm maybe try and get as many different ones as I can for around $10. I'm only aiming for 2011 picks, because they'd be the only ones in a 2011-12 set right? Damn I hope they bring prestige back next year.

(07-24-2012, 02:33 PM)therobertogato Wrote: I've been paying between $13 and $18 delievered. Not paying attention to the letters because I assumed they were random, now I've confirmed it. So, hmm maybe try and get as many different ones as I can for around $10. I'm only aiming for 2011 picks, because they'd be the only ones in a 2011-12 set right? Damn I hope they bring prestige back next year.
Prestige will be back next year. They are already showing previews of the cards, including images from the Print facility, and there will be rookies from both years in there, but they won't be redemptions.

(07-24-2012, 02:40 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Prestige will be back next year. They are already showing previews of the cards, including images from the Print facility, and there will be rookies from both years in there, but they won't be redemptions.
I hate Panini so much that I don't even want to go on their website. I'd rather get it second hand from you guys...

(07-24-2012, 03:00 PM)therobertogato Wrote: I hate Panini so much that I don't even want to go on their website. I'd rather get it second hand from you guys...
lol. Ok.

for me, I am staying away from all RC redemptions cards.. I've redeemed the ones I've pulled from the few boxes I've busted... but will not buy any online... I think prices will drop for a majority of the cards once they hit the net & secondary market... only the top two 2-3 players will sell good.. the rest will go down the drain..

only reason I would buy the RC redemptions is if I was going to try to complete the 2011 RC set & am able to pick all the redemptions up for under $15 dlvd each card.. or pick up "lots" on the cheap..

I am interested in what the 2011 LIMITED RC's are going to look like.
also, how many RC redemptions will not be made? since 2011 RC's are supposed to be autos, do you think Panini will be able to obtain every RC's auto on the checklist? that is a huge checklist of players...

I think that is why Panini choose to wait so long before the reveal their RC numbering system via draft... so they have time to figure out what they are going to do next.. they are just winging it... will their draft be rigged? or is the print run for every RC redemption going to be the same?

Card companies are notorious for promising cards via redemption, only to mail you a replacement.. .

Hope everybody gets the cards that they wanted after paying big bucks...

Panini loses money on the secondary market, unless they are selling cards out the back door... like UD has done in the past..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

You know that's a good point about waiting until they come out. Seeing as how one of the guys I want has already been made fun of on this thread, I don't know if they'll be that expensive if I want. In other words, Kemba Walker and Bismack Biyombo, if one of you guys get them, let me know!