`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool Basketball Pull Out of Ginter Baseball — Now With Scan + KATE UPTON!

RE: Cool Basketball Pull Out of Ginter Baseball — Now With Scan + KATE UPTON!
(07-20-2012, 03:50 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: ??????? are you for real????????
Yep, 100 percent.

No, actually, I'm really trying to get a Jordan auto (sold the one I had for Disneyland funds last month), so I'm really not interested in trading for anything right now, only selling.

I tried trading for one on here with some really good stuff, and the only posts/PMs I got were like, "I'll give you $110 for the Bonds, Griffey and Ripken autos, that's $50 a card."

Huh? Let's see, $110/3 = $50 each?

Not quite ... and yeah, sure, let me just GIVE YOU the Ripken and Griffey autos on the house.

Right.

I mean, I have no idea what the Upton books for, but trading it for some comparable card and not getting any closer to a Jordan auto doesn't make sense.

You never know.

People also told me I wouldn't be able to trade my Cam Newton and Ben Roethlisberger autos for a LeBron auto, yet somehow I now own a 2003-04 Rookie Exclusives on-card auto of LeBron, soooo ....

Yeah, I wasn't serious.
(07-20-2012, 04:29 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I grabbed a rack pack/value pack from Wal-mart the other day and pulled a James Shields A & G Red Back Mini /25, that's it. Though they sell alright on the bay. Smile I love Ginter, wish they had it for Basketball (though Murad was pretty nice).
It was definitely unique.

(07-20-2012, 05:50 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, 100 percent.

No, actually, I'm really trying to get a Jordan auto (sold the one I had for Disneyland funds last month), so I'm really not interested in trading for anything right now, only selling.

I tried trading for one on here with some really good stuff, and the only posts/PMs I got were like, "I'll give you $110 for the Bonds, Griffey and Ripken autos, that's $50 a card."

Huh? Let's see, $110/3 = $50 each?

Not quite ... and yeah, sure, let me just GIVE YOU the Ripken and Griffey autos on the house.

Right.

I mean, I have no idea what the Upton books for, but trading it for some comparable card and not getting any closer to a Jordan auto doesn't make sense.

You never know.

People also told me I wouldn't be able to trade my Cam Newton and Ben Roethlisberger autos for a LeBron auto, yet somehow I now own a 2003-04 Rookie Exclusives on-card auto of LeBron, soooo ....

Yeah, I wasn't serious.

It was definitely unique.
lol......

(08-08-2012, 03:53 PM)formerathlete85 Wrote: lol......
Thank you ... and the happy ending to this story is that I finally have a Michael Jordan auto.

It took me a month of posting cards on the bay, waiting for auctions to end, harassing deadbeats who don't pay, relisting cards after deadbeats didn't pay, running back and forth to the post office about 15 times ...

But it was worth it ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...true&rt=nc

Not the greatest Jordan auto out there, but the difference is — it's MY Jordan auto now.

Plus, last book I saw on it was almost double what I paid, so a pretty good deal I thought.

[quote='rjcj2017' pid='2089899' dateline='1344461047']

Thank you ... and the happy ending to this story is that I finally have a Michael Jordan auto.

It took me a month of posting cards on the bay, waiting for auctions to end, harassing deadbeats who don't pay, relisting cards after deadbeats didn't pay, running back and forth to the post office about 15 times ...

But it was worth it ...

Not the greatest Jordan auto out there, but the difference is — it's MY Jordan auto now.

Plus, last book I saw on it was almost double what I paid, so a pretty good deal I thought.
[/quote

Nice man, need to cheer up, seem unhappy lol. Possessions don't make the man.

(08-09-2012, 12:25 AM)formerathlete85 Wrote: [quote='rjcj2017' pid='2089899' dateline='1344461047']

But it was worth it ...

[/quote

Nice man, need to cheer up, seem unhappy lol. Possessions don't make the man.
You're right ... I wasn't happy.

Back when I originally posted the first reply, I was right in the middle of a very frustrating month to month and a half of trying to pick up another MJ.

I sold the one I had (flawless and beautiful) to raise some funds for Disneyland ... obviously I didn't want to sell it, but it was worth it to take the tots.

After we got back, I was selling everything I could (some of which was very tough to part with), tried trading on here first and just got ridiculous reply after reply (like the aforementioned $110 offer for like $350-$400 worth of Griffey, Ripken and Bonds autos) ... not to mention deadbeat eBay buyers that the system literally won't let you do anything about.

But boy, take one sideways step as a seller, and look out!

(Not that I did, that's just my mini eBay rant.)

But, patience paid off and I finally got my MJ.

And no, possessions don't make the man, but if you're a member here, aren't you in possession of a few cards yourself?

Then hopefully you know how it is when things aren't going your way ...

But I'm good now. All feels right with my collection again.