`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will these be the next card collecting gimmick

Will these be the next card collecting gimmick
It looks like the NBA will be selling advertising on their jerseys for the 2013 season. I hope MLB stays to their roots and dosn't start doing this but I feel like this is only a few years away. I just hope that some day I dont get a Sony Mets swatch..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/12661...aily-radar

RE: Will these be the next card collecting gimmick
yikes!!! I hope so too... I think its horrible
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(07-20-2012, 12:44 PM)swirly1007 Wrote: It looks like the NBA will be selling advertising on their jerseys for the 2013 season. I hope MLB stays to their roots and dosn't start doing this but I feel like this is only a few years away. I just hope that some day I dont get a Sony Mets swatch..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/12661...aily-radar
I can see it now. Imagine how happy Topps will be when they can figure out a way to sell us packs of advertisements...

(07-20-2012, 01:55 PM)dpatera Wrote: I can see it now. Imagine how happy Topps will be when they can figure out a way to sell us packs of advertisements...
Oh noooooooo I hope upper deck slams in with something to knock topps out of the lonely pedestal......

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Would Topps pack out a GU patch that is an Upper Deck logo?
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

What did the article say? I don't read the bleacher report . com, b/c it's harmful to your computer with all of the pop-ups and such.

I've said this before, but I guess y'all haven't heeded my warning.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

WOW!!! I'm kinda surpised they havent tried this sooner. Soccer's been doing it for along time right? I can see it now....on the back of the CUBS uni's "sponsored by Chico's bail bonds" Tongue
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

no need to worry lol

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...b&c_id=mlb

(07-20-2012, 01:55 PM)dpatera Wrote: I can see it now. Imagine how happy Topps will be when they can figure out a way to sell us packs of advertisements...
There are plenty of examples where Topps could've airbrushed out advertisements but didn't.
[Image: 130%20Nick%20Markakis.jpg]
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

It was an article about how the NBA will be selling ad space on their jerseys starting in 2013.

(07-20-2012, 07:15 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: What did the article say? I don't read the bleacher report . com, b/c it's harmful to your computer with all of the pop-ups and such.

I've said this before, but I guess y'all haven't heeded my warning.