`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Ever BGS Submission Updated PICS!

RE: 1st Ever BGS Submission PICS!
(06-19-2012, 11:39 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: I am not looking to sell. Mainly looking/curious to see what I get and to get the cards slabbed. The Rock Stars card is the refractor, only reason why I am doing that card. Refractors are probably my favorite type of card.
Ahh okay, I knew someone had that Refractor. (Forgot who). That's a sick card. Hope that one get a nice 9.5 Gem!
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

RE: 1st Ever BGS Submission Updated PICS!
That GP GU Auto is so sweet. Hope they grade out well.

RE: 1st Ever BGS Submission PICS!
(06-19-2012, 11:54 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: Ahh okay, I knew someone had that Refractor. (Forgot who). That's a sick card. Hope that one get a nice 9.5 Gem!
I do not think it will get a 9.5. I am hoping for at least a 8.5 haha! I cant tell for sure but it appears to have a slight ding on a corner. Not sure if it is just how the edge is or if it is a ding.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(06-20-2012, 08:56 AM)mtadams2 Wrote: That GP GU Auto is so sweet. Hope they grade out well.
Thanks! I really like the GP auto too.

Have you heard anything back on your submissions? I love the Thompsons. I sent all three of his auto cards in. I got a 9.5 on both the base auto and the gold auto. The f/x I managed to get a ten!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(07-15-2012, 05:44 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: Have you heard anything back on your submissions? I love the Thompsons. I sent all three of his auto cards in. I got a 9.5 on both the base auto and the gold auto. The f/x I managed to get a ten!
No, not yet. Beckett received them at the end of June so I am assuming I will not get them back until the end of July (20 day submission). I decided only to send in the Thompson auto though, not the two rookies. My wife actually made a comment about the two rookies. She said that it didnt make sense to send in a card that books for less than the grading service costs. I agreed. The Thompson auto I have does look great though. I have noticed that his autos are a little sloppy though, so who knows what grade I will get on the auto. I am hoping at least a 9 on the card itself. Are you a Cougar fan too?

(07-15-2012, 05:55 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: No, not yet. Beckett received them at the end of June so I am assuming I will not get them back until the end of July (20 day submission). I decided only to send in the Thompson auto though, not the two rookies. My wife actually made a comment about the two rookies. She said that it didnt make sense to send in a card that books for less than the grading service costs. I agreed. The Thompson auto I have does look great though. I have noticed that his autos are a little sloppy though, so who knows what grade I will get on the auto. I am hoping at least a 9 on the card itself. Are you a Cougar fan too?
Ya...huge coug fan. Went to school there. On the submissions I sent in, I got a 9 on his autos on the f/x and base auto. For the gold base, I got a 10 on his auto but I thought it looked the same as the others so who knows.

(07-15-2012, 06:10 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: Ya...huge coug fan. Went to school there. On the submissions I sent in, I got a 9 on his autos on the f/x and base auto. For the gold base, I got a 10 on his auto but I thought it looked the same as the others so who knows.
Yeah, so did I. I went there two years. I went there from 2001-2003. What about you? I was there during the most recent glory days in football....Gesser, Trufant, Mike Bush, etc Smile

(07-15-2012, 06:12 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Yeah, so did I. I went there two years. I went there from 2001-2003. What about you? I was there during the most recent glory days in football....Gesser, Trufant, Mike Bush, etc Smile
I was there those same years! Wow. That's crazy. I collect a lot of Trufants.

(07-15-2012, 06:14 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: I was there those same years! Wow. That's crazy. I collect a lot of Trufants.
Small world! I have met a couple people on here that were at WSU the same years! I have a small collection of Football WSU autos and rookies, a Brandon Gibson collection and Kyle Weaver collection. Whenever Panini decides to produce more Thompson cards I will collect him as well. My Weaver PC is pretty cool Smile Based on the number of 1/1's, autos, patches etc, probably my most impression collection.....My MJ collection is more expensive, but I cant afford MJ 1/1's, autos and patches haha!

I would love to see some of your Trufant cards! Do you live in WA? If so, what area? I currently live in Mount Vernon.