`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newest Purchase (LeBron)

Newest Purchase (LeBron)
I overpaid a little ($170), but I really wanted this card in particular because the auto is very clean and it's one of the few autos where he actually puts the number "6" in it. Usually he just does the LJ#. Lemme know what you think. I don't know much about the card, but I haven't seen many of this version. I've seen a lot of the college jersey version, but I've only seen a few the same as this one. If anyone has any info on it, please let me know.

[Image: 205zcsg.jpg]

RE: Newest Purchase (LeBron)
(07-12-2012, 05:58 PM)ShowerSongs Wrote: I overpaid a little ($170), but I really wanted this card in particular because the auto is very clean and it's one of the few autos where he actually puts the number "6" in it. Usually he just does the LJ#. Lemme know what you think. I don't know much about the card, but I haven't seen many of this version. I've seen a lot of the college jersey version, but I've only seen a few the same as this one. If anyone has any info on it, please let me know.

[Image: 205zcsg.jpg]
I like it very much ... it's a nice, clean on-card auto, has the #6, and a current picture of LeBron ... I can't stand those St. Vincent St. Mary's cards with pictures from 8 years ago that have his "new" signature.

Although, the color schemes might look better if they were red and black Miami colors, but the blue does look nice with the sig.

Man I wish he'd ditch Upper Deck and join Panini, so that we could have some Heat autos.

I wish MJ signed a deal with Panini too, i really want to see him back in Bulls uniform, or Wizards. All we get now is his college stuff, which is nice but not the same.

Exactly, I didn't like the other version of this card with the HS jersey and that. I mean, it's just his face, but at least it's in the present.

I've never understood why he couldn't wear a plain black, red or white jersey (no logos), a plain white headband and use red, black or white color schemes for the card, and add an auto ... at least it would "look" like a Miami Heat card.

I know most people don't like photos with no logos, but if they're done right they can be a lot better than what's currently out there.

I know they did that one set with him in his "Witness" T-shirt (black shirt, red letters), but that was a T-shirt ... so it just looked like he was shooting around.
(07-13-2012, 03:33 PM)Euro7star Wrote: I wish MJ signed a deal with Panini too, i really want to see him back in Bulls uniform, or Wizards. All we get now is his college stuff, which is nice but not the same.
I really want a Miami Heat auto.

Closest one out there is from 2011 Goodwin Champions, where he's pictured during 'The Decision' on TV ... technically the moment he became a member of the Heat.
(07-13-2012, 05:33 PM)ShowerSongs Wrote: Exactly, I didn't like the other version of this card with the HS jersey and that. I mean, it's just his face, but at least it's in the present.
Yeah, he's a lot more mature and filled out now. In my opinion, the high school cards look silly in current releases.

I mean, back in the day when his rookie cards came out, that was fine, because that's what he looked like ... then.