`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
OT I hate Chris Perez

RE: OT I hate Chris Perez
(07-08-2012, 10:45 PM)talkntribe Wrote: Haha..I'm getting so fed up with perez also. I vented on facebook about it. I can't believe he is going to the all-star game.He spends more time tweeting and blaming fans than anything. It was definitely hard to watch.
i cannot stand him....i dont get who in their right mind voted for him or what coach would pick him...he may in the leaders among saves but he has blown alot and most of them dont come easy. i miss jose mesa...except for that one day in october about 15 years ago we wont speak of, that guy was lights out!!!!!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

As a Rays fan I was ecstatic that they came back today. However it was Perez's 2nd blown save all year and only his 2nd loss so its not like he's lost other games. So am I missing something? After reading this thread I woulda thought he blew like 10 saves yet he's only blown one more than Rodney, albeit Rodney's ERA is ridiculous.

it sure feels like more than that...you would have to watch the indians to see just how bad he is and how close he makes every game...hes a train wreck whos gotten lucky having alot of those saves coming with 3-4 run leads and hes given up a run or 2 and still save. its bs!!! his era is almost 3.50....has there ever been a closer in the AS game with a era that high?? i think his negative comments to the press about fans and the fact he blew the first game of the year big time which is when i started this thread. if they figured out a proper way to score a save, he would maybe have 12-14 legit ones.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Oh man Jose Mesa, those were the days. To be honest i'd rather see Vinnie Pestano close for us. lol
I just feel like whenever we have the lead and perez comes out we always end up down and out. Maybe he hasn't blown alot but you are right. Just watching sure does feel like more. I feel bad for kipnis not making it though. Maybe next year "Same o'l cleveland motto"
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

So let me get this straight, Perez blows his second save attempt of the year and he sucks? Mariano Rivera the greatest closer ever, (possibly) had only 2 seasons that he blew only one save, 10 seasons that he blew 4 or more. He even blew 9 attempts in one season. I am not saying that Perez is anywhere as dominant as Rivera or that he will have the career that Rivera has had, but come on, 2 blown saves at the All-Star break and you are ready to throw him under the bus! Perez's ERA is high for a closer, but he's not Heath Bell. And tell me, what would be a legitimate save to you?
The best teams only win 2/3 of their games, the best hitters fail 2 out of three times and the best pitchers are not always at the top of their game. Baseball players have short memories because they are defined by how they can recover from their failures. You need to grow some thicker skin if you are going to be a baseball fan.

Calm down Randall.I respect your comment but to each their own opinions.I used to like Perez but now I just find it hard to. I think he is very cocky and sometimes rude especially on social media sites. I think you need to have thick skin to be a tribe fan for sure. At the end of the day it's all just venting. lol Hope all is going well . Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I remember when the Cards traded Perez to you guys. And if I'm remembering correctly, it was a toss up between sending y'all Perez or Jason Motte. Tony wanted to keep Motte, so they sent you Perez. I remember being irritated at the time as I saw a lot more potetial with Perez than Motte...and there for a few seasons, Perez was a much better closing option than Motte. But Motte really has come through this past season and a half. Yes, Motte can really piss me off sometimes but I can honestly say now, I'm glad we have Motte and not Perez.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(07-09-2012, 08:18 AM)talkntribe Wrote: Calm down Randall.I respect your comment but to each their own opinions.I used to like Perez but now I just find it hard to. I think he is very cocky and sometimes rude especially on social media sites. I think you need to have thick skin to be a tribe fan for sure. At the end of the day it's all just venting. lol Hope all is going well . Smile
Hey Dan, my post was in response to rybowski97, for the most part. And I am calm, I just thought that the opinions being expressed were under-informed and needed some perspective. I was peeved about the blown save yesterday too but my mood was already foul because of Asdrubal's two errors in the sixth. I know only one was called an E6 but that was the the score keeper being magnanimous. If Tribe fans want to vent, I think they should be venting about the lack of a LF and Santana's continued wild and unbalanced swings at the plate. The way Marson is hitting I would rather see Lou as the everyday catcher and Santana as the back-up for Lou and Kotchman.
And as far as Perez being cocky, I hate nearly ever other team's closer for the same reason. Has to be part of their make-up. I agree with Perez's comments about the fans. I am also baffled by the support for the New Browns and lack of support for the Indians when they are playing well. Perez doesn't know that Brown's Stadium has a lot of empty seats when the weather turns. I find New Brown's football to be mind-numbingly boring but I get the attraction. Football is a once a week (at least it used to be) holiday, with only 8 home games. Baseball is a pastime, football is an event. I can't speak to his rudeness. I follow him on twitter and haven't noticed anything.
If you are ever at a Tribe game I will be sitting up in row X in the 550 sections with the family or a friend. I got thirty free tix through the BP promotion, only way I can afford to go multiple times. I will be the guy clapping the loudest in my 1930's era Chief Wahoo t-shirt.
I have said enough, time to water the garden.
Take care, Dan.
Go Tribe!
(07-09-2012, 10:17 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: I remember when the Cards traded Perez to you guys. And if I'm remembering correctly, it was a toss up between sending y'all Perez or Jason Motte. Tony wanted to keep Motte, so they sent you Perez. I remember being irritated at the time as I saw a lot more potetial with Perez than Motte...and there for a few seasons, Perez was a much better closing option than Motte. But Motte really has come through this past season and a half. Yes, Motte can really piss me off sometimes but I can honestly say now, I'm glad we have Motte and not Perez.
That was a terrible trade for the Cards. Tribe got Perez for DeRosa! Motte and Perez have similar stats, ( K/9, BB, ERA, IP) with a slight edge to Motte, this year, except Motte has 4 blown saves to Perez's 2 and 20 saves, (because the Cards were blowing teams out, fewer opps. for Motte). Just curious, why do you prefer Motte over Perez?

Why Motte over Perez? Maybe it's just happened over time. When the trade was first made, I didn't like it at all. I liked Perez, Motte scared the hell out of me, and DeRosa...what did we need him for again? Oh yeah, Glaus was at 3rd and injured all the time...though DeRosa only added to our injury problems when he showed up. I think though the reason I have taken to Motte is that it seems like I have been defending him against family and friends since the beginning of the '11 season when he came out blowing saves left and right. Plus I kind of enjoyed watching my family squirm when Motte would come in looking like he had just straight-lined two gallons of pure caffine. Anyhow, I loved seeing Motte figure it out last season after continually defending him...and then his performance in the play-offs last year sealed it for me - I'm a Motte guy and glad the trade happened the way it did (although I'm still not sure who you guys got with the player-to-be-named part of the deal). So for me, after some retrospect, it probably isn't the numbers so much as it has been the ride with Motte. Who know, had it gone the other way and we kept Perez, I might be saying the same thing in praise for Perez.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(06-11-2012, 10:40 AM)ande_23 Wrote: Not sure how long before MLB gets this clip removed but here's his reaction to his 20th save in a row....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW0nTxfMu-I
It was removed...