`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
checkoutmycards.com COMC - Experience?
06-25-2012, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 09:07 PM by coimbre 21.)
checkoutmycards.com COMC - Experience?
I noticed this site a couple months ago and shortly thereafter, also saw Chris Olds' clip on his purchases from this site. It looks very interesting and promising, enough that I just sent in my first batch of 300 cards for processing.

I won't go into details about the service which are found on the COMC site, but I'm curious who else may have experience with COMC.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2012, 05:29 AM
RE: checkoutmycards.com COMC - Experience?
I have sold some on there, been ok with me, not to bad but sometimes no luck. Like any other sites you go to.

07-02-2012, 08:34 AM
I've got my first batch with them as well and should pop mid-July. I'm curious as to how it will go.
07-02-2012, 09:19 AM
(07-02-2012 08:34 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote:  I've got my first batch with them as well and should pop mid-July. I'm curious as to how it will go.

Cool, mine are due to be processed by July 12. I'll let you know how it goes over here.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos
07-02-2012, 10:34 AM
(07-02-2012 09:19 AM)coimbre 21 Wrote:  Cool, mine are due to be processed by July 12. I'll let you know how it goes over here.

Nice, mine are due to be done by July 16th. Good luck on your end!
07-13-2012, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 09:47 PM by coimbre 21.)
(07-02-2012 10:34 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote:  Nice, mine are due to be done by July 16th. Good luck on your end!

I'm rolling on COMC . . . 300 cards were posted on time by the due date late last night. First day in action, four cards sold for $32, which would have otherwise sat in my closet or sold for a good percentage less on ebay.

Based on this brief experience and interaction with the site so far, COMC appears to have a number of advantages over ebay in many respects. ebay still has it's own advantages, but COMC makes it way easier to list and get paid.

My next test will be to send in a batch of vintage graded cards to see how well they might move. If all continues to go well, I will be ready to jump in all the way.

Let me know how things go with you. Assuming you might be parting with pre-60's vintage?

07-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Possibly down the road. The batch I just sent in a few weeks back (80% done as of this post) is mostly stuff from the past 20 years with a few random 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. The stuff from further back will be the last stuff I send in. I want to get rid of the stuff I just don't care for at all first.

From what I've read, COMC is great for the reason you stated above, it won't sell well, if at all, on ebay. I'm anxiously waiting!
07-14-2012, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 09:10 AM by coimbre 21.)
(07-13-2012 10:41 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote:  Possibly down the road. The batch I just sent in a few weeks back (80% done as of this post) is mostly stuff from the past 20 years with a few random 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. The stuff from further back will be the last stuff I send in. I want to get rid of the stuff I just don't care for at all first.

From what I've read, COMC is great for the reason you stated above, it won't sell well, if at all, on ebay. I'm anxiously waiting!

I woke up this morning and another $36 in sales registered while I was sleeping. The range of the seven cards I've sold in the first 24 hours runs from 1961 to 2012. I'm really impressed so far.

07-15-2012, 07:59 AM
I'm thinking of dropping some off in person at the National. Still have to pay the processing fees, but not the shipping.

[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.
07-16-2012, 03:58 PM
I have been going through comc and do not understand; if it costs 20 cents to process per card, and an additional shipping charge per card, why would somebody send in cards that you would list for 20 cents. Exposure?

http://www.northflacards.weebly.com