`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
You might be addicted to cards if....

RE: You might be addicted to cards if....
If you have an Ebay App on your smart phone and it alerts you when you are waiting on a card to pop up on Ebay! Meanwhile you are still checking Ebay to see if the app is not working

...no matter how broke you are, you can't stay away from Beckett, stop trading, stop buying, or trying to sell cards so you can buy others you want.
(06-18-2012, 12:29 PM)estuaryman Wrote: You make more noise than the dog when the mailman arrives.
OR if you get upset with the dogs b/c they are so used to seeing the mail carrier EVERY day that they don't bark at them anymore to alert you.

Calling out of work b/c you dont trust sniper program on white whale

I hope I'm not the only one that does this:
Bidding on multiple auctions of the same card to make sure you get at least one.
[Image: mAkA0.png]

I work 3rd shift, so it might take a day or two to get back to you. Trades usually don't get mailed out on Tuesdays-Thursdays. Thanks!
My Bucket
http://s1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389...r%20trade/

(06-18-2012, 04:22 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: UpperDeck just made a FaceBook post regarding Sensei's "You might be an addict" Smile
No way! I have to go check that out! I might have to illustrate the ones on from this thread and make this a six part article! (Of course I'd give credit to each person for their ideas)
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322

(06-18-2012, 11:35 AM)favre3mvp Wrote: You set timers so you can help the wifey and still keep track of time.
When the timer goes off you drop everything and dart to the computer
When people say pc you think personal collection instead of personal computer
get the ebay app for your iPhone.... lets you do all kinds of things....even leave the house when you know an auctions ending!.... Think... your out with the wife ....set your iPhone to silent ..... ebay app gives you a buzz/tone 15 mins before auctions end.... plenty of time to still do whatever you are doing and make an " Im goin to the bathroom" excuse.... go check your auction hopefully win and get back without her ever knowing anything about what you just did!.... If you have a lot of auctions ending very close to each other then you need to go eat mexican for dinner so you have a good excuse as to why you need to "Excuse yourself" alot!....

I guess with this much thought I too am an addict
(06-18-2012, 05:35 PM)Zzeebb Wrote: I hope I'm not the only one that does this:
Bidding on multiple auctions of the same card to make sure you get at least one.
Except I actually try to win them all ! Smile got pice to prove it...hehe

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(06-18-2012, 11:20 AM)favre3mvp Wrote: You might be addicted to collecting cards if:

When someone owes you money, ask if they can pay you back via PayPal.

Your mail carrier knows you on a 1st name bases.

You can't go to certain retail stores without passing the card section
if you are laying down on the couch talking to your therapist about how upset you are about a card you have not been able to get, then you ask to use his computer to check something online.

You might be addicted to collecting cards if:

you have "Donruss" Tatoo'ed on your body somewhere
your dog is named "Earl Campbell" Stoller on his papers
you have a separate recycle container for the bubble mailers
Smile

(06-18-2012, 11:45 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Owning a card store and refusing to put cards out for sale just so you can hoard them for yourself
u need therapy haha.
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

...you get excited when there is a signature required slip in the mailbox
...you fall into a deep depression when you realize the package is for someone else in your family
...you've been blocked by at least one eBay seller for cursing at him for not accepting your "Best Offer"
...you get frustrated at eBay sellers who misuses the term "RC"
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(06-18-2012, 05:12 PM)birdmandig Wrote: Calling out of work b/c you dont trust sniper program on white whale
LMAO this might be my favorite thus far.

You convince your significant other that you got a "great deal" on a box for "only" $250...when she knows your monthly budget for wax busting is $150 lol.

(I really did get a great deal though, last 5 boxes of this product all went for over $350 on the 'bay!) Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]