Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron

RE: Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron
I think it's as simple as this...

Kobe has 5 championships
LeBron has 0 = ZERO

Its all about the rings, and to quote skip bayless: "Prince" James has done NOTHING, you can win all the awards u want, but........

People remember you for championships, its as simple as that.

Is Lebron a great player?, sure he is, but to say he is better than Kobe, when the championship count is 5-0 Kobe, i think its a slam dunk case for Kobe.

In my opinion...

BTW LeBron your going to be waiting again after these finals, cause Durant and company is going to be like the old Garth Brooks song....

"The Thunder Rolls, and the Miami Heat Cries"

So if Derek fisher gets a ring with OKC, he will have 6 rings, that means he's automatically better then Kobe right? And tied with Jordan for greatness

LOL

(06-13-2012, 02:12 PM)tristanrules Wrote: So if Derek fisher gets a ring with OKC, he will have 6 rings, that means he's automatically better then Kobe right? And tied with Jordan for greatness

LOL
Your offbase.....no hes a roleplayer every team has their centerpiece. Kobe never needed 2 SUPERSTARS to get it done, LEBRON cant even get it done with 2 MEGASTARS.

Last time I checked, Shaq was a way bigger superstar than even Kobe, also Gasol and Byum are all stars.

So to say Kobe didnt have help is the most ridiculous statement.

A Shaq in his prime is what got Kobe his 3 rings, look at the highlights from all those playoffs. Kobe didnt make any of them.

(06-13-2012, 09:06 PM)tristanrules Wrote: Last time I checked, Shaq was a way bigger superstar than even Kobe, also Gasol and Byum are all stars.

So to say Kobe didnt have help is the most ridiculous statement.

A Shaq in his prime is what got Kobe his 3 rings, look at the highlights from all those playoffs. Kobe didnt make any of them.
pau gasol is no superstar, and if you use that argument then the only reason lebron is getting a ring is because of wade and bosh. smh....only team to win without two superstars is detroit. its taking lebron two MEGASTARS and hes still losing.

No question. Lebron all the way! The difference is in his physique & athleticism. Kobe's awesome as well but is not as gifted as Lebron is in terms of his power, speed, & agility. Lebron can just run through people while Kobe is limited in that regard. Kobe is maybe a more fierce competitor though with a bit better shooting. If i had to have one guy for my franchise though it would be Lebron all the way.

MattWink

Do any of you believe there's a difference between the best skilled and best player? LeBron is definitely more skilled albeit because of his physical attributes. He's not a better shooter than Kobe, but he has a higher field goal percentage than Kobe. He's not nearly as clutch as Kobe is. Shoot, he's probably not as clutch as Robert Horry is/was. lol. Again, I really think there needs to be an understanding that physical abilities really take factor in this discussion. If Kobe had the same or similar physique as LeBron but LeBron had better numbers, then by far the better player is LeBron. But they aren't similar and they play two very different positions. Kobe has Pau and Bynum as his big guys, they're supposed to get the rebounds more than him. LeBron is kind of the next big man behind Bosh even though Haslem is. Kobe's game is more from mid range to the three point line, LeBron (because of his physique) is more from mid range to the basket. Yes, they both venture out of their normal areas occasionally, but they stay in their relative areas predominantly. LeBron, playing closer to the basket, should definitely shoot a higher percentage. He has a lot more dunks than Kobe has as well. So, who is more skilled? LeBron. Who is the better player, still not a fair comparison if you ask me. Who's the better player between John Stockton, arguably in the top 3 of point guards all time, and Tim Duncan, arguably the best power forward of all time. They play two completely different games.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

very well said xtreme.

I think people see what they want and that is the fun part of these boards. I think Kobe has more skill than Lebron. LB has bulk size especially in his postion, sort of like Shaq was in his day...big, strong hard to deal with. Kobe is pure skill, speed, determination. Kobe is a dominate force out there every night. The bigger the game the better he plays. He has learned how to win and finish Lebron hasn't really learned that yet.

People are calling Lebron more skilled based on size. Shaq had size but his skill set wasn't great he just knew how to use it to his advantage. Kobe is a better shooter and certainly a better finisher. I would take Kobe any day over Lebron but again thats just me I respect everyone elses opinon as well. Its really tough to compare players with pure stats. Players are in different systems and play different styles and take different shots. Shaq has the highest or one of the highest FG % in history yet he couldn't hit a FT or an outside shot to save his life. Based on stats he is one of the best shooters % wise in history....see my point.

LB is great - Kobe is great who is better depends on who you ask!!!
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

IMO, its not a question of who has better skills, who has a better physique, or who is for that matter more intelligent..All i am saying is, at the end of the day, when you compare lebron vs kobe, its about championships, it's just that simple..

Kobe 5 LeBron 0

Both of them are gifted superstars, but public perception is "what have you done for me lately?", and the fact is lebron has done nothing, who gives a rat's behind whether ur a mvp, scoring champ, etc...

While individual awards are great, you play the game for championships.

Prince James, will be the nba's version of one of the best players to not have a ring, so prove us all wrong "Ringless King"