`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron

RE: Debate on who's a better player Kobe or Lebron
Lebron is a better overall player, but Kobe is more clutch as he has show throughout his career. Kobe is also a better shooter.

If I was starting a team I would still take Kobe over Lebron even though Lebron is better overall.

(06-10-2012, 12:29 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Simple Lebron is the more skilled player but Kobe has the Drive and Deterimation to be a Champion.
+1. I think Lebron is the best overall player but I think Kobe is better offensively and more clutch. That and he has 5 rings. That says a lot about his determination (granted he had help). We will see how Lebron does this time around in the NBA Finals. Third times a charm?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(06-10-2012, 11:20 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Sorry, but I believe KD will be booking a trip to DC for next December. Smile Not LeBron. lol.
I agree with that but not because he is better. It will be because his team has played better Westbrook has outplayed Wade because Wade has been off. Other than that Miami has Bosh who still has not played a ton. OKC has a deeper bench as well. But I see it going to game 6 with OKC winning it.
(06-10-2012, 12:29 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: What are you guys writing a darn book jeez i aint reading all that

Simple Lebron is the more skilled player but Kobe has the Drive and Deterimation to be a Champion.
Only because Shaq helped him with his 1st 3 championships. Its alway said the first one is the hardest to get after that the pressure is less though you want to win more you already have your first.
(06-11-2012, 01:07 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: +1. I think Lebron is the best overall player but I think Kobe is better offensively and more clutch. That and he has 5 rings. That says a lot about his determination (granted he had help). We will see how Lebron does this time around in the NBA Finals. Third times a charm?
People love to bring up the 5 rings even know Shaq was the finals MVP for all 3 of those and without Shaq Kobe dosen't win his first one until he was past 10 years in the league. After Shaq left how long did it take for him to win another one? Shaq had his 4th before Kobe.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

But if/when Lebron Wins his ring cant we also say he won them because he had Wade and Bosh to help him.. With them he wasnt winning them.

You are choosing a rather difficult comparison. They play different positions. I understand your argument of Kobe not winning without Shaq, but then again who has won a championship without another all-star around him?? If we start from the beginning of the NBA Bill Russell had help during his 11 championships, Wilt Chamberlain had help, Magic Johnson had Kareem Abuld Jabbar and James Worthy, Larry Bird had Kevin Mchale and Robert Parish, Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq, Duncan had Robinson then Parker and Ginobili. Almost every multiple ring winner in the NBA has had a superstar next to him. The only team I can remember that won without two megastars were the Detroit Pistons in 2003 (Chauncey was the best player in that team in IMO). Winning a championship is still something very important to take into consideration. People that favor Kobe will have a very good comeback for you when Lebron wins a championship if you keep your mentality (LEBRON WOULD NOT HAVE WON WITHOUT TWO OTHER MEGASTARS, NOT ONE, TWO!! DWAYNE WADE AND CHRIS BOSH!!!!) I do not think Kobe is a better overall player, but his stats are more solid as of now. He has won more scoring titles, he has been to more all star games, he will play a few more seasons (we do not know if Lebron will stay healthy, in life nothing is certain). If Lebron stays healthy and wins at least two championships, then I would consider him a better player than Kobe. He has better defense and a better understanding of the again. His only problem, cluth!!!!!
Will only trade with Delivery Confirmation!
[Image: BannerCards041.jpg]

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh238...l%20Cards/

I think Kobe is way more talented than Lebron, Lebron is just bigger. If I had to choose one (esp in their prime) I would take Kobe in a heart beat. I don't really like him but I think he is one of the best all-time.

Certain guys just find a way to win championships. They know how to finish off series and they just dominate when it counts. Jordan was the best at it but Kobe is another guy that gets it done. Lebron is still trying to figure it out. I love Ron Artest comments in the new slam magazine about his time with the Lakers. He said he would feed Shaq for the first 3 qtrs and than Kobe in the 4th. Basically it was Kobes game to finish as he was a master at it. They would give Kobe the ball and get out of the way and find a spot on the floor.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

I like them both and because of the difference in their respective positions it is like comparing apples to oranges.

I have to say that I am more of a Kobe fan, but if I had a fantasy draft pick and the two best players that remain included LeBron and Kobe.... I would choose Lebron (anytime).

But if I had a # 1 pick, my number one pick for a fantasy team would be the best center in the league. I would pick Dwight Howard first, not either of them. This is all coming from an OKC/Durant fan. A Durant and LeBron debate would make more sense to me.

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(06-11-2012, 09:38 AM)got watcha want Wrote: I like them both and because of the difference in their respective positions it is like comparing apples to oranges.

I have to say that I am more of a Kobe fan, but if I had a fantasy draft pick and the two best players that remain included LeBron and Kobe.... I would choose Lebron (anytime).

But if I had a # 1 pick, my number one pick for a fantasy team would be the best center in the league. I would pick Dwight Howard first, not either of them. This is all coming from an OKC/Durant fan. A Durant and LeBron debate would make more sense to me.
I think it was last night, or some time this weekend, ESPN asked the question "If you were to start a team, who would you center it around, LeBron or Durant?".

My answer: DURANTULA ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

The player that makes everyone else around him play better and raise their level of play.

That's the best player, Durant is far from the best player.
He is a glorified Ray Allen, and has accomplished nothing but overrated media praise.

Kobe is a better shooter? Not by a mile, does he take more shots? YES, but Lebron's percentage is much better.

Lebron just hit his prime, alot of people forget that.

If you have lebron, kobe and durant on a draft now, every single team would want Lebron over durant and kobe. Its a no brainer

If comparing them you need to use their prime. Lebron is in his prime Kobe has already peaked and is on the down swing of his career. Sure Kobe is still awesome but not the same as he was 5 years ago. Neither is in the same category as Jordan.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.