`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cannot add cards to organize
06-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Cannot add cards to organize
When I use the Beckett search to find a card, select t with a check mark, click on "add to organize", select the appropriate "collection" nothing happens. I have tried adding to several different "collections" but nothing is added to any of the collections.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

rtharp1

I do not purport to have the knowledge necessary to assign any specific
grade to the cards I have to trade. If you are dissatisfied with a card you
receive from me I will reverse the entire trade and reimburse you for your
postage but will not quibble over the condition of the card.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2012, 09:26 AM
RE: Cannot add cards to organize
if the card is already ion your org, it wont be added again. their is a icon to the far roight of every card in the opg that shows if it is already in your org

if the card is already in your org, go to "all items" and do a search. you can add or move the card from all items to any other collection.

if you search for a card in the opg, and the icon says it already in your org, and you search "all items" and it isnt there - check your trash folder

Project Cupid: currently curbstomping cancer

06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
The card is not already in my organize. I have tried entering a number of "new" cards I have just gotten and have no luck. Thanks for the input.

06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
so, you search for a new card, and the icon to the right is solid. you go to add it...does the icon then become faded?

06-06-2012, 09:50 AM
(06-06-2012 09:38 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  so, you search for a new card, and the icon to the right is solid. you go to add it...does the icon then become faded?

When I find the card in Beckett's main search function the icon on the right is faded. When I check the card, click on "add to organize", pick the collection to add the card to - the icon on the right is still faded.

I am subscribed to the baseball price guide and have been for years. I also have been on Beckett for years.

06-06-2012, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 09:54 AM by ceocards.)
If the Icon was faded already when you searched for it, that means it's already in your organize - somewhere.

Try going to your organize, click "All Items" in the left hand column, and then try searching for your card. Once you find it you can then move/add it to whatever collection you want it in.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.
06-06-2012, 09:56 AM
I have also opened the Beckett page for the specific card and tried to add the card from there with no luck.
06-06-2012, 10:06 AM
(06-06-2012 09:56 AM)rtharp1 Wrote:  I have also opened the Beckett page for the specific card and tried to add the card from there with no luck.

yea, that doesnt work to do it that way, if the card is already in your org

if the card is already in your org - which is what it means when the icon is faded - then it is already in your org. search "all items". if you cant find it, try a more general term for your search

can you give me an example?

06-06-2012, 10:17 AM
You were right the card is in my Wanted collection. Now I have a different problem.
I have tried unsuccessfully time and time again to "Add" a card in my wanted collection to another collection and when I select the card then click on "add to" I get a blank window with a place to type something. When I type the collection name there and hit "enter" the window goes away but nothing has happened. I have had this same luck with "moving" cards.

I have on very rare occasions had a list of collections come up instead of a blank window but selecting the correct collection there does nothing also.

06-06-2012, 10:22 AM
just type a few letters of the collection you want to add it to, and it will populate all folders with that succession of letters