`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Total Disappointment

Total Disappointment
I'll be honest I didn't think Prado would be voted into an All-Star game, but he didn't even make the list! Jason Heyward and his dubious 50 strike outs and .235 average is currently 7th in voting. I know it is kids and they don't look at stats, but come on. Heyward hasn't been on any spotlight plays this year at bat or in the field.

I know outfield isn't like 2nd base...Heck Uggla is leading 2nd base voting?????? (I like about 8 other players better, but perhaps we will have another 3 error all star outting by Uggla and I will have another video to laugh at.)

Sorry to vent, but really? Not even on the list?

For the NL Prado is currently 7th in BA...... 9th in Hits..... and 5th in OBP, and he didn't even make the list.

[Image: NLAllStarvoting.jpg][Image: TopNLOFAverage.jpg]
X

RE: Total Disappointment
To be honest man, the only people that would give him serious consideration would probably only be Braves fans. The average fan is going to look at how many HRs and RBI a player has. Having a decent BA and being up there in walks isn't going to earn anyone's vote. I think he should be ahead of guys like Jon Jay at the bottom, but that only shows that Braves fans must not be out there voting.

well his strikeout numbers are low, and he may get on base alot but he doesnt have much power compared to others on the list. and his RBI's arent that spectacular either. To beat out big name players(not saying big names mean better) you have to stand out from the crowd and Prado's numbers dont look any better then anyone on that list, besides SO's. 7 stolen bases isnt a number that shows blazing speed, three home runs isnt a power hitter and 22 rbi's isnt very clutch with RISP. so i can see why he didnt even make the list.(just from stats without even watching him play of course)
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

Thats nothing...Carlos Gonzalez is 6th in BA, 2nd in HR and RBI, 1st in Runs Scored...

and 13th in All-Star voting...that is screwed up...

I dont care that he plays in Coors...those are triple crown numbers...
[Image: arod.gif]

(06-05-2012, 01:34 PM)arod1973 Wrote: Thats nothing...Carlos Gonzalez is 6th in BA, 2nd in HR and RBI, 1st in Runs Scored...

and 13th in All-Star voting...that is screwed up...

I dont care that he plays in Coors...those are triple crown numbers...
Amen to that!!!

All-Star Voting will always be skewed in some way to someone!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

The voting list was made before the season barely even began so current year stats were not taken into account for that there original list - suppose voters should be making heavy usage of the write in section of the voting ballot if they really give a poo.

Im disappointed that Chooch is #4 in voting for the all start game. Fan voting is a joke!

Prado is a heck of a player, and I am a Reds fan. With the game on the line, I would rather face anyone else in the Braves lineup before Prado. I honestly think he is the best hitter in their lineup, but the point about when the ballots are made up is a good one. His current stats wouldn't be part of the condieration.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

if prado played 2nd or ss i would say he had a chance. they generally always go for power hitters in the OF with the exception of CF.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

i dont think fans should vote players in... i think the best players (numbers wise) should be allowed to play. how many times have we seen jeter, ripken, griffey, and other all stars make the All Star team only because of their name. Pujols should not make the team this year, but he will... this is coming from an Angels fan.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]