`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were looking for an explanation...

If you were looking for an explanation...
On Panini's Blog: Demystifying Panini America’s 2011-12 NBA Dual Rookie Redemption Programs

I know this isn't going to be enough for some collectors, but figured it'd be a good read for those with time. I personally like the reason/explanation, but that might just be me.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: If you were looking for an explanation...
I am against the way Panini created their dual RC class redemption program... they could of still put out RC redemptions in Hoops & preferred.. just don't name who is on the card.. just put the numbers... i.e. (draft pics # 1 through 13, ect)... if they don't cut a contract to get the autos.. then release a non-auto card... if the player never got singed in the NBA or doesn't sign with Panini to produce cards... then do what Panini does best, send a "replacement" card...

Two products already lost out on having Rookie cards... that was money lost to Panini, since a lot of collectors passed up buying box after box, because there was no rookies...

Panini is pretty smart by not having 2011-12 Past & Present RC redemptions serialized or print run written on them... this way nobody knows how many will be out there. they list all the redemptions #0.... WTF... that means they can get /99 autos of the top three NBA stars fromt he 2011-12 Rookie Class, then give the rest of the redemptions the average or unpopular rookies.

Collectors will never know how many were actually released & they will continue to bust open box after box trying to grab up the RC redemptions...

I think they are the redemptions are garbage! Panini is trying to fool US Collectors... I bought one box of Past & Present.. I will not buy anymore... I will pick up the singles I want on the secondary market, therefore Panini will not receive any more of my hard earned money off Past & Present...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

From the Panini blog:

“If we would have included ‘true’ Rookie Cards in the five releases we produced for 2011-12, key NBA players like 2011-12 Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving, San Antonio’s Kawhi Leonard and Denver’s Kenneth Faried would have missed many of our most popular sets,” said David Porter, Panini America’s NBA Brand Manager.

Huh? Would they or wouldn't they?

And by the way, it's just not that hard ...

[Image: NBARookies.jpg]

Took me about 30 minutes. "No photo shoot" is not an excuse when you have the Associated Press, Getty Images, individual team shoots after the draft, etc. ...

Mine are ALL 1/1s, by the way! LOL

What they were saying was that if they gave them cards in this years products, they wouldn't have rookie cards in the likes of products like National Treasures and such. So they wanted to be able to provide some really high end RC for them as well.

(06-01-2012, 09:18 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: What they were saying was that if they gave them cards in this years products, they wouldn't have rookie cards in the likes of products like National Treasures and such. So they wanted to be able to provide some really high end RC for them as well.
I don't buy high end, just looking for rookies in blasters at Target and WalMart.

Basketball beyond sucks this year.

And that doesn't even make any sense to begin with ... bear with me for a second ...

YOU CAN PUT BASE ROOKIES IN HOOPS & PAST AND PRESENT, AND PUT REDEMPTIONS IN THE HIGH END STUFF!

THEY DO IT ALL THE TIME IN OTHER SPORTS/RELEASES ...

THAT WAY, LOW END AND HIGH END COLLECTORS BOTH GET WHAT THEY WANT!

NOT DIFFICULT!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF PEOPLE THINKING THIS IS SOME GREAT IDEA ON PANINI'S PART AND/OR STICKING UP FOR THEM.

THE LOCKOUT IS JUST AN EXCUSE ...

YOU SERIOUSLY BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WOULDN'T BUY A BOX OF PANINI UPDATE IF IT CAME OUT WITH BASE ROOKIES OF KYRIE, KNIGHT, ETC., AND HAD REDEMPTIONS FOR THE JERSEY AUTOS!

OF COURSE THEY WOULD!

THIS SUCKS!

Sorry, just had to make sure I made myself clear. Thanks for listening.

While you and I (and others) don't necessarily collect high end, there are many that do. Imagine if Exquisite was a brand before LeBron was in the league and then his rookie season for whatever reason (lockout shortened season or licensing issues) Upper Deck could only make 5 products due to time constraints and maybe some clauses in the license. Of these products, they chose Exquisite is one that wouldn't be produced because of how long it takes to create it or some other reason. Now, this means LeBron doesn't have an Exquisite RC. Some would consider that a travesty, LeBron not having a RC in arguably one of the greatest products ever. The same can KIND of be said here. The shortened season meant fewer products. National Treasures isn't one of those products this year. Panini thinks that it wouldn't be right for this years rookie class to be limited to the products of this year, missing out on having rookie cards in some of the industry's staple products (National Treasures, Timeless Treasures, Certified/Totally Certified, etc.). They have pretty much stated that they CHOSE not to make rookies for this reason, and there are some collectors that see that as acceptable now that they've explained it rather than just saying "Because of the lockout." Now they explained why because of the lockout. High end collectors are happy, and even some low end collectors who occasionally go for high end. They couldn't make everyone happy, but business wise and for many collectors, this was the right choice. I'm sure manufacturers get the bulk of their profit from the higher end sets, especially seeing the ROI from breaking one box. People wouldn't have flocked to Hoops or Past & Present much more than they did already if there were actual base rookie cards in there. And as much as everyone already complains about redemption cards, I don't think people would have wanted redemption cards for people who may not eventually sign a contract with Panini. And if they don't sign, then replacements are made. Some will be unhappy with it, some are happy with it, especially now that they've explained it thoroughly.

So at the end of the day they couldn't put base rookie cards in just one product for the low-end collectors.

When I buy a blaster at Target I'm not expecting a jersey or auto, although I love getting one (ahem, Bryce Harper Bowman Chrome auto refractor last fall, ahem).

I'm looking for some relatively small guarantee that I'll get at least a good mix of rookie cards and veterans, and I love it when they make the extra effort to get traded veterans in new uniforms (LOVED Vince Carter as a Net in Topps Total a few years ago, 04-05 I believe.)

Perfect example — today at Walmart, I bought one rack pack and one blaster of Bowman football. Got a Luck in each, as well as a Blackmon gold, a Trent Richardson purple out of the free cello pack, and another base Richardson.

No, I did not hit any big autos or jerseys or anything ... just a fun break, well worth the 30 bucks.

That's all I want. Panini failed miserably this year.

I mean, Hoops should be awesome in August, so I'm glad the "next" year is starting so soon.

If they put rookie cards in even one product this year, then no cards of theirs in the following years would be considered rookies. So, I guess that's the rationale.

Panini should of put rookies in Hoops & every product.. all they have to do is put redemptions... list them all Draft #1, 2, 3, ect.... if the player doesn't sign a contract with Panini.. or the player doesn't cut the team roster & gets thrown into the D League.. then so be it... don't produce the card & send a "replacement" have it written on the back of each box or have a link on the redemption referencing their Policy regarding replacement rookie redmeptions...

They can still have RC's in each product, including high end... I thought that is why Panini switched product release on us & threw us HOOPS first.... Hoops was already overpriced in my opinion...

I do not consider Preferred high-end.. after looking at their cards every day... it's overpriced...

I like Past & Present, but already tired of it.. after buying a box & a few loose packs... don't like Panini's rookie concept they have this year... Remember, Finest.... they had XRC redemptions... for the following years Rookies.. Panini could of done the same thing with 2011-12 & 2012-13 rookies... make them all redemptions & figure out producing them later.... like they do with most of their redemptions... majority of their autos are sticker anyways!! I hate sticker autos, but am forced to collect them, if I want an autograph card of my favorite players...
Just redeemed my 2011-12 RC Redemption from Past & Present.....

after entering code... It said that redemption was for card #5. are the redemptions actually already numbered.. where all Panini has to do is match up the name to the card # when they do their own draft?

We already know who the 2011-12 Rookies are... why is Panini playing games with the people that buy their overpriced products... ??
*United States Navy*

Strange.. the OPG for Past & Present is realeased..

Check out the 2011-12 RC redemption prices.... Interesting.. all are the same price, except card # XRCA.

on top of that.. all sellers that have a redemption posted for sell... has "irving?" listed in the header. I think this is misleading if card XRCA is actually irving & the others are some unpopular or average rookie. I would assume XRCA would be Irving though..
*United States Navy*