`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Box Of Contenders And The Last Pack Rule!

One Box Of Contenders And The Last Pack Rule!
Good day, Beckett Community!

It's been really cool here in Halifax, and not much in the way of sunshine, but that's okay. I had to head over to the Base today, and decided to stop in at the LCS to see what he has to offer. The selection was a bit disappointing, but I had an idea of what I wanted. It cost me $130 for a box + 1 last pack of Contenders, and I thought that might be a bit much... but I have not been able to buy anything in the last month, so I battened down and paid! Haha! The last pack was a complete dud, and only had base. The box was pretty decent, though.

Todd Ford RC #503/999

[Image: HockeyCards001-1.jpg]

Tomas Vokoun Cup Contenders #176/999

[Image: HockeyCards002-1.jpg]

Mario Lemieux Cup Legacies #967/999

[Image: HockeyCards003.jpg]

Marcus Kruger AU RC #559/800

[Image: HockeyCards004.jpg]

Tomas Kruger (really???) NHL Ink

[Image: HockeyCards005.jpg]

Marc Andre Bourdon Calder Contenders Gold #68/100

[Image: HockeyCards007.jpg]

And the hit of the box, Gabriel Landeskog AU RC #466/800

[Image: HockeyCards006.jpg]

Not too shabby, but the two Kruger AU's struck me as odd. Oh well! Nothing I can do about that! Haha! I went back up to the counter after opening my box, and saw two packs left in the box of 2011-12 SPx that Mike had sitting there. There was also one pack left in the box of Crown Royale and one in the box of Elite. Hmmmm... what to do. The Crown was $40 a pack and Elite was $20. A little too much for my liking, but the SPx were $11 each, so I settled for them. I have never had any luck with the last pack rule, but I am going to keep trying, darn it!

Mike gave me the two packs, and said, "One of them feels thicker than the other." I checked them out, and he was right. I paid, sat down and opened the thinner pack first. Base! Crap! On to the next. The middle card was thicker, and also made from the good, white paper that Upper Deck uses for Jersey cards. Cool! I moved the two base cards out of the way and saw this:

[Image: HockeyCards008.jpg]

2011-12 SPx Mike Zibanejad Jsy/AU RC #770/799!!! Nice! That, paired with the Landeskog, is a decent couple of breaks! All of the cards pictured are for trade for Jaroslav Halak, Scratching The Surface or Pittsburgh Penguins that I can throw at Hugh. Haha! If you are interested in a trade, please drop me a line here, send me a PM, or fire off a trade offer. I only trade through the Trade Tool, so please have you Org. ready. Thank you for the look, and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Best wishes, folks!

Randi

RE: One Box Of Contenders And The Last Pack Rule!
Not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

DUDE, your LCS is fleecing you.

I am also in Canada and shop at a very small LCS (I pay above average prices because the owner can only order 2-3 boxes of each product, so he doesn't get a discount for buying the whole case)

SPX: $8 pack taxes in
Crown: $30 pack Taxes in
Elite: $7 pack taxes in
Contenders: $110 box taxes in

Your owner is price gouging.
Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/

i could use the lande contenders.

Not a bad haul Randi, really like the Landeskog. That's a really nice hit. Congrats!!!
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

(05-31-2012, 06:02 PM)adamslogik Wrote: DUDE, your LCS is fleecing you.

I am also in Canada and shop at a very small LCS (I pay above average prices because the owner can only order 2-3 boxes of each product, so he doesn't get a discount for buying the whole case)

SPX: $8 pack taxes in
Crown: $30 pack Taxes in
Elite: $7 pack taxes in
Contenders: $110 box taxes in

Your owner is price gouging.
Oh... I know, but this is the way it is here in Nova Scotia. The Economy is a "snatch and grab" type, and business owners JACK prices high! The cost of living is higher here than anywhere I have ever seen... and this includes essentials that are produced and procured right in our own back yard! Okay... I have to stop now or I'll go on some huge rant! Haha!
(06-01-2012, 12:49 AM)dragik Wrote: i could use the lande contenders.
I will give your Org. a check and see if we can make a trade!
(06-01-2012, 07:10 AM)pens1fan Wrote: Not a bad haul Randi, really like the Landeskog. That's a really nice hit. Congrats!!!
Thanks Walt! I was pretty happy with pulling it!

Randi

Those are som nice pulls there Randi!! Congrats!! Wish you would have pulled some great Halaks for your Pc!!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

(06-01-2012, 09:20 AM)pens fan addict Wrote: Those are som nice pulls there Randi!! Congrats!! Wish you would have pulled some great Halaks for your Pc!!
Thanks Hugh! I was thinking the same thing! Haha! Or a nice Penguin to send your way! Tongue

Randi

sorry to veer off here, and I understand circumstances, but those prices seem like highway robbery. LCS here in Toronto has spx for 7.50/pack, contenders 6.50/pack, 109/box, crown royale 29.95/pack.

Yeah I agree, very expensive but I have over paid many, many times for both boxes and packs just because I want some wax to open, everyone does it now and then, overall, decent box dude!
Always looking for:

Johnny Bower
John Tavares
John De Gray
Unscratched redemptions (low or high-end)
A&G Minis (Check my thread)
Non-sport (Prominent Cuts, Marvel, GPK, Vintage etc..)
Gaming (Pokemon, MTG, Yu-gi-oh, etc..)

Bucket: http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/staples29/