`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Conference Finals! Who Wins??

Western Conference Finals! Who Wins??
What's everyone's take on the Spurs-Thunder matchup? I've watched a ton of basketball this year and feel the winner of this series will win the title! I'm giving the edge to the Spurs right now. What's your guys/gals take?

RE: Western Conference Finals! Who Wins??
(05-21-2012, 11:40 PM)motu79 Wrote: What's everyone's take on the Spurs-Thunder matchup? I've watched a ton of basketball this year and feel the winner of this series will win the title! I'm giving the edge to the Spurs right now. What's your guys/gals take?
Banner says it all. But I will tip my hat and root for the thunder if they win. Good series regardless, this is true basketball here.
[Image: 9ersncrabtree.jpg]

OKC will be too up on themselves after beating the Lakers (thankyou!), so the Spurs will get and keep the edge...going all 7 games though!
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

(05-21-2012, 11:40 PM)motu79 Wrote: What's everyone's take on the Spurs-Thunder matchup? I've watched a ton of basketball this year and feel the winner of this series will win the title! I'm giving the edge to the Spurs right now. What's your guys/gals take?
I agree that whoever wins this series will win the Finals. I want OKC to win simply because the Spurs have been there, done that before. I do have to say though I love watching both teams play. The Spurs are so fundamentally sound and OKC run and gun and play as a team. Either team deserves it. Being a fan of the Sonics (live near Seattle) I would like my former team to win one...regardless of where they are now.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

These are by far my two favorite Western Conference teams, so it's not an easy choice. However, I'm going to have to go with OKC in 6, but it is going to be a very very close 6. I love the Spurs because of their style of play (very fundamental, so it shows you any age can play) and I love the Thunder because of their youth, energy, and how sweet would it be for that franchise's story? That would make the lockout almost mean something. Smile A small market team (not the San Antonio is close to New York, Miami, etc. in market size) going to the finals (and more than likely winning the championship if they do).

The reason why I give it to the Thunder in 6 is because I don't really see a player on the Spurs I'd want with the ball in their hands in a close game as it is ending. But KD, I'd give it to him with 1 on the clock (or Fish with 0.4 on the clock, lol). The Thunder will wear on the Spurs from running at times, but the defensive ability of the Spurs will also change the tempo of the game at times. It's going to be a very up and down series. The games the Spurs will win, the Thunder will probably only score 90 pts and the Spurs will score 100 (that's because of defense, not speed). But the games the Thunder win the Thunder will score 100-105 and the Spurs 95-100. I can't wait to watch this series, sucks that it doesn't start until Sunday, but it does give the Spurs time to rest. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

They are a good match to watch. I hope the series go 7 games. I like the Spurs chances in this series.

I think OKC will win because the Spurs really haven't played tuff teams in the playoffs. I like both, but no one expected Utah to put up a good fight and the Clips had a few injuries to key players. I did'nt think they would win but it would've been a better fight. OKC has three players that are mismatches for the Spurs.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I believe the Spurs will win in 7, but I do like the Thunder also. The Spurs have been there and done it, that's why they will do it now, experience shall win out over youth every time.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

(05-22-2012, 11:18 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: I think OKC will win because the Spurs really haven't played tuff teams in the playoffs. I like both, but no one expected Utah to put up a good fight and the Clips had a few injuries to key players. I did'nt think they would win but it would've been a better fight. OKC has three players that are mismatches for the Spurs.
You make a valid point. The Thunder have played the Mavs and Lakers. I still think the Spurs and their experience are slight (and I mean slight) favorites. The Spurs also have home court advantage, which could play a factor. I can't see this series going any less than 6 games. It should be REAL good!!

And you know everyone will be watching this series, ESPECIALLY IF the Eastern Conference Finals are Phi vs. Ind. Smile I doubt that's going to happen, but while they are good teams and would fight very hard, it doesn't have the draw SA vs. OKC does. I'm still pulling for Ind.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards