`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best and/or most popular Basketball Product?

Best and/or most popular Basketball Product?
Hi, I don't do basketball at all but I wanted to go ahead and try a box or two just for variety. I was wanting to get some feedback on what is the best product to get. I am looking to get a hobby box in the $65 to $130 range.

Features I like:

- Lots of serial numbered cards.
- Short-printed Rookies.
- Autographs/Short-printed autographs. A mix of a chance at both.
- Patch Autographs.
- Preferably few redemptions.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

RE: Best and/or most popular Basketball Product?
If your looking for Rookies then your looking at Older Product since Panini decided not to Release any Rookies in this years Product outside of a Few Redemptions

based on what your looking for i would say 10-11 Either Elite Black Box or Gold Standard Fit your what your loooking for.. Elite Black is a little bit more expensive right now then Gold Stardard but my Personal feeling is overall the Boxes are better. Gold Stardard from what i have seen is really Hit or Miss where as Elite has had better Results so far.

If you dont mind a Rookie Redepmtion then you could look at this years Past and Present Box for $100 you get 3 auto's (every break i've seen 1 is a Rookie Redemption auto) and 1 GU. You will also get 1 Insert Per Pack. The Main knock on Past and Present i would say is its more of a Mid level set your odds of Pulling a "Great" Hit is harder but they went with a Unique and interesting Auto set called Elusive Auto's which are Mid level/ Semi Stars from the past who dont have Many Certified Autos.. Players like Big Country Bryant Reeves, Charles Oakley , Brian Grant to name a Few i remember off the top of my head.

Hopefully that helps and when you Bust Something make sure to let Us know what you get and I get first Crack at any Celtics , Lopez Brothers, Bill Walton and Thunder Dan Majerle LOL..
Update: Looked on Ebay and the Rookie Redemptions seem to be Selling pretty well and you can make almost your money back on your Box just from that if you sell it..

(05-18-2012, 07:22 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: See message #2
Great feedback! Thanks. Took a look at some box breaks of all three. Elite Black and Gold Standard both have sticker autos with a cardboard cut-out around it with some of the auto cut off. That's my least favorite way that the card companies do the autos. I like the looks of Gold Standard. And the box is shaped like a gold bar. That's just hysterical. I think out of all three I might go with Past and Present. Not a lot of serial numbering though from what I have seen. Or maybe I would do one Elite for lower serial numbering and one Past and Present for better autos. I will update if I do the box break. Thanks again.

Rookies and Stars and prestige have been good for me - at least. 2009-10 donruss elite hobby is another good one for an even mix of cards. You can also give 2010-11 payoff contender patches a try - at least with that the autos are on card.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.