`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What box breaks entertain you more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Beckett Box Busters
25.00%
1 25.00%
Panini Unwrapped
25.00%
1 25.00%
YouTube
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box Busters & Panini Unwrapped vs. YouTube box breaks

Box Busters & Panini Unwrapped vs. YouTube box breaks
So, 2011-12 Past and Present came out yesterday and I was trying to find videos all day yesterday. I saw the Panini Unwrapped one on their blog today (hope they choose me for some of the cards, or even the box, but doubt it) and I finally found some on YouTube. As always, Chris has some up there and he just blindly shuffles through the cards. I then watched this one video of this kid, can't be any older than 20, bustin' a box and he also blindly shuffles through. It appears, 95% of the videos I watch are people shuffling through the cards simply for the hits rather than to explore the product itself. I mean, Chris did take a few seconds here and there to appreciate the different inserts (said the Fireworks should all be 1/1 because they look so cool), but this kid looked for the AU or GU then just put the cards down, like the pack was disappointing. I don't know how many times he said "I don't know" like he has no idea what is going to be in the product. For the last 10+ years, if I'm thinking about buying a box, I investigate the product thoroughly before spending hard earned money on a box. I wish I could blindly throw money on a product and have no idea what to expect out of it.

Now, this might be one of the reasons I appreciate Beckett's Box Busters videos and Panini's Unwrapped videos. The Panini Unwrapped video of Past & Present was almost 20 minutes long. During the video, they explained the concept of some of the cards, the technology used, the ideas behind the insert sets, the different variations, etc. Obviously, they're the makers of the cards, but even Box Busters does that (yes, they do their investigation and communicate with the manufacturer). They take the time to go through a product, show the differences of the cards (variations, inserts, etc.), give you their opinions, etc. They don't do it for the hits.

Now, I know we don't need 100 different videos on YouTube explaining the product, and obviously Chris (from YouTube) wouldn't need to explain the product to each of his customers, but it just amazes me at times how uninformed some people are the bust boxes. It also amazes me how unentertained some people are with a product and only care about the hits. Yes, I know not everyone is a set collector, I just wish more people were and more people enjoyed a product, not just the hits (and by hits, I mean anything non-base or non-base insert).

Question for you guys. What breaks do you find more entertaining and why? Beckett Box Busters and Panini Unwrapped or YouTube box breaks? Cast your vote on the poll and leave comments if you like.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Box Busters & Panini Unwrapped vs. YouTube box breaks
I wonder if the new rookies are even in there all i saw were those redemptions

RE: Box Busters & Panini Unwrapped vs. YouTube box breaks
(05-17-2012, 05:10 PM)GHill33fan Wrote: I wonder if the new rookies are even in there all i saw were those redemptions
In three of the five 2011-12 products the rookies will be redemption cards.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards