`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Marketplace Sellers Should Have Pictures
05-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Marketplace Sellers Should Have Pictures
I know it would be a hassle for them to have to scan thousands of cards for sale, but it seems every time I buy cards from the marketplace I get really crappy chipped up torn corner cards. To compete with other websites seems like having pictures would be a given. Beckett marketplace is one of the last places I go to look for something I need due to this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 05:07 PM
RE: Marketplace Sellers Should Have Pictures
That is why the feedback piece is so important. A dealer with nice item as described ratings should be trusted.
05-15-2012, 02:04 PM
(05-12-2012 05:07 PM)69mets86 Wrote:  That is why the feedback piece is so important. A dealer with nice item as described ratings should be trusted.

Obviously not enough for me. Buying things sight unseen is not going to work for me anymore, burned too many times.
05-17-2012, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 01:35 PM by timmyray79.)
(05-15-2012 02:04 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote:  Obviously not enough for me. Buying things sight unseen is not going to work for me anymore, burned too many times.

Right on, you would think they value their reputation enough to post a picture/scan of the card they want me to pay good money to get. Some sellers thinks they can just list NMT and get by, that is BS. If they are to lazy to put up a scan, I am to lazy to send them my money, and the excuse of oh I have a million cards listed, tough don't list so many if you cannot present them professionally...

Buying High End Football Cards, nothing # higher than 10 unless it's high grade rare contenders
06-03-2012, 05:35 PM
As a marketplace dealer, I understand the value of having a scan. But, at the same time, if I have 20 1987 Topps Don Mattingly cards, do you really need an actual scan of each one? I just scan the more valuable stuff and accurately grade each card. If a customer asks for a scan, I do not have a problem providing one.
06-03-2012, 05:38 PM
(05-17-2012 01:34 PM)timmyray79 Wrote:  Right on, you would think they value their reputation enough to post a picture/scan of the card they want me to pay good money to get. Some sellers thinks they can just list NMT and get by, that is BS. If they are to lazy to put up a scan, I am to lazy to send them my money, and the excuse of oh I have a million cards listed, tough don't list so many if you cannot present them professionally...

the problem is beckett requires marketplace sellers to carry huge inventories

onedollardutch.blogspot.com
06-05-2012, 05:15 PM
(06-03-2012 05:35 PM)hooplasports Wrote:  As a marketplace dealer, I understand the value of having a scan. But, at the same time, if I have 20 1987 Topps Don Mattingly cards, do you really need an actual scan of each one? I just scan the more valuable stuff and accurately grade each card. If a customer asks for a scan, I do not have a problem providing one.

No I don't believe scanning each one is the needed but perhaps depending on how your inventory is stored you could scan the best conditioned card and have it in front of the other 19 in "condition" order. Whenever you sell it then you can rescan the new card update the price if its condition is very different. That little bit of extra effort can go along way besides better pricing that some dealers on here have.

Will Sell Your Cards For A Low Consignment Fee, PM Me For Details!
[Image: BWBANNER.png]
Will Sell Your Cards For A Low Consignment Fee, PM Me For Details!
06-06-2012, 07:36 PM
It is a business decision, this is a business. If scanning the card costs me 10 cents in labor time, I can't scan it to potentially sell a card for a quarter. I would just gladly refund a customer if they are unhappy with a 25 cent card - I have actually sold thousands without a single condition complaint on a quarter card. That being said, it is a personal goal to get cards booking at $1 or more scanned eventually.
06-09-2012, 04:12 AM
(06-03-2012 05:35 PM)hooplasports Wrote:  As a marketplace dealer, I understand the value of having a scan. But, at the same time, if I have 20 1987 Topps Don Mattingly cards, do you really need an actual scan of each one? I just scan the more valuable stuff and accurately grade each card. If a customer asks for a scan, I do not have a problem providing one.

How does one go about asking the seller for a scan? I cannot find a "ask the seller" button or link anywhere when I am in the marketplace.

MY BUCKET MY TRADEPAGE
[Image: Naslund1213ForeverRivalsStick.jpg]
06-09-2012, 07:04 AM
(06-09-2012 04:12 AM)greg2424 Wrote:  How does one go about asking the seller for a scan? I cannot find a "ask the seller" button or link anywhere when I am in the marketplace.

You have to email us directly. If you click on a dealers name it will link you to their store and then towards the top center of the page you will see our dealer info and our email should be right with that and then just ask away.

Jeremy
CommonGuy Sports