`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Willie Mayes card - I have questions

Willie Mayes card - I have questions
I don't collect Baseball cards, but I found this one the other day. It's a Willie Mayes card, there is nothing on the back at all, it is blank.

Just looking for more information on this? If anyone knows a year it was made/ is it worth anything?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looking for: 00-01 Topps Premier Plus
Also: Mats Sundin Cards

RE: Willie Mayes card - I have questions
thumbnails dont work. need to use a photo hosting service like imageshack.us or phobucket or webshots

(04-29-2012, 12:00 PM)Golfinguy7 Wrote: I don't collect Baseball cards, but I found this one the other day. It's a Willie Mayes card, there is nothing on the back at all, it is blank.

Just looking for more information on this? If anyone knows a year it was made/ is it worth anything?

Thanks!
It is from 1969, either Topps or OPeeChee. It was the deckle edge insert. If the back is totally blank and the facsimilie auto on the front is black, it is the OPC. If there is a blue box on the back with his name and card number, along with a BLUE facsimilie auto it is the Topps. Can't give book values on here, but, the OPC books roughly 6x what the Topps version books for. If I am wrong, please someone correct me.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

(04-29-2012, 12:20 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: thumbnails dont work. need to use a photo hosting service like imageshack.us or phobucket or webshots
You can't see the picture? aquariustg seems to be able to see it?

(04-29-2012, 01:45 PM)aquariustg Wrote: It is from 1969, either Topps or OPeeChee. It was the deckle edge insert. If the back is totally blank and the facsimilie auto on the front is black, it is the OPC. If there is a blue box on the back with his name and card number, along with a BLUE facsimilie auto it is the Topps. Can't give book values on here, but, the OPC books roughly 6x what the Topps version books for. If I am wrong, please someone correct me.
Thank you ! Are you allowed to tell me what the book value isn't? lol

(04-29-2012, 03:21 PM)Golfinguy7 Wrote: You can't see the picture? aquariustg seems to be able to see it?

Thank you ! Are you allowed to tell me what the book value isn't? lol
If you want BV you need to pay for the OPG like everyone else. You can search completed ebay auctions to see what the sell for however.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(04-29-2012, 05:52 PM)Krangry Wrote: If you want BV you need to pay for the OPG like everyone else. You can search completed ebay auctions to see what the sell for however.
I pay for the OPG.... for Hockey, kind of a waste to buy Baseball OPG to search one card, wouldn't you say eh??

(04-30-2012, 10:34 PM)Golfinguy7 Wrote: I pay for the OPG.... for Hockey, kind of a waste to buy Baseball OPG to search one card, wouldn't you say eh??
then if you need one card, i suggest oneof two things: buy a player opg, or, find beckett on facebook - on friday, they allow folks to ask for the value of one card

but you cant ask us to give out bv's on the board

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=deck...Complete=1

Dispite whatever the bv is....The above link will tell you what it is worth....