`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kind of OT: Comics

Kind of OT: Comics
Does anyone here read comics? I'm in the process of bailing out of that world to focus on baseball cards exclusively. So if anyone wants to swap some comics for cards, let me know.
Thanks!
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

RE: Kind of OT: Comics
Hmmm, depends on what you have. I loved comics when I was a kid and had a huge collection from the late 80's/early 90's and my genius dad threw them away a couple months after I moved out of my parents house. It was a sad day when I found out about that.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(04-28-2012, 03:05 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Hmmm, depends on what you have. I loved comics when I was a kid and had a huge collection from the late 80's/early 90's and my genius dad threw them away a couple months after I moved out of my parents house. It was a sad day when I found out about that.
Dude, I have boxes upon boxes. Send me a PM of some titles that you like and I'll let you know what I've got.
BTW, that sucks that you fell under the cliche of "parents throwing away your cool stuff."
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

lol, I traded all my comic books for baseball cards in 1984. That's when I went total cards. I was 11. Collecting cards and comics since I was 8. In fact, I was in a "Comic Shop" (Moondog Comics, Schaumburg, IL) when I was 9... that sold cards and I hadn't realized that other people collected cards and sets like me. A guy came in and asked the guy at the counter, "You get those sets for me?" "Yep" was the answer. The guy came back with and '82 Topps set and a '75 Topps set. "How much?" "$35"
I couldn't believe how expensive they were. Smile

Man, I'm chatty.

I would be interested in Amazing Spiderman # 300

If you have anything with Venom, Carnage, and certain Spiderman stuff I'd be interested. I also like Spawn and a few other comics from Image when they first started.
The cool thing is now they have apps for the iPad for comics so you can read them and check it the art and if you wanted to buy them for a collection you wouldn't be damaging the actual printed copy.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(04-28-2012, 10:44 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I would be interested in Amazing Spiderman # 300
I've only got one of those, which I'm keeping for myself. In fact, ASM is the only run that I'm trying to finish.
(04-29-2012, 01:30 AM)Haze28 Wrote: If you have anything with Venom, Carnage, and certain Spiderman stuff I'd be interested. I also like Spawn and a few other comics from Image when they first started.
The cool thing is now they have apps for the iPad for comics so you can read them and check it the art and if you wanted to buy them for a collection you wouldn't be damaging the actual printed copy.
PM sent

One thing I miss about comics is the smell of them. Especially the 60's-70's books with a hint of vinegar smell.
Guess that's why I still read a lot of book-books, and I will never totally switch over to a digital reader.
Paper sniffer, paper geek I guess... I still sniff my cards once in a while.
Currently reading:
"Unholy Night" - Seth Grahame Smith
before that, the wife and I went to see The Hunger Games and we loved it. We loved it so much, I had to buy the trilogy. Finished those in 4 days.
Before that: "How to P*ss in Public" - Gavin McInnes. If you're an adult male that grew up in the 80's/90's, this books for you.

Thought about picking up Images - The Walking Dead #1-whatever hey are on, but I bet they are expensive now.
And digital comic books are stupid...

I need a blog or something.

Walking Dead is a great book. I've been reading the TPB's since the beginning. Awesome stuff.

(04-29-2012, 01:25 PM)jtraven42 Wrote: Walking Dead is a great book. I've been reading the TPB's since the beginning. Awesome stuff.
You keeping them? I looked for the HB copies but people want a lot for the HB Omnibus editions and still quite a bit for the singles 1 - 7.
I may have to stop being a HB snob and pick up the PB's of these.