`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Best retail pull of my life ... THE LUCK CONTINUES!

RE: Best retail pull of my life ... THE LUCK CONTINUES!

Hey guys, since Beckett recently named this 'Card of the Year,' I thought I would see if you guys think he'll make the Nats out of spring training?

He was hitting over .400 last time I checked, but he also had a calf issue.

My guess is they'll do the Strasburg-Posey thing and call him up in June because of that arbitration thing, Super 2 or whatever it's called.

dam must b nice bout a heritage blaster at target and got 3 sps thats it.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

(03-15-2012, 09:04 PM)908 Wrote: dam must b nice bout a heritage blaster at target and got 3 sps thats it.
Yeah, I just busted (like 10 minutes ago, LOL) a Heritage blaster from Topps. The only really good card was a Pujols in his Angels uni, last card in the seventh pack.

So, Bryce got sent down to Triple-A yesterday, I'm assuming because of the Super 2 arbitration thing. Hopefully he'll mash at Triple-A and be in the majors in June ...

That is a beautiful sight, my friend. Send some of your retail luck my way!
~The resident mafia guy~

(03-20-2012, 11:45 PM)alabamamobster Wrote: That is a beautiful sight, my friend. Send some of your retail luck my way!
Just by looking at this post, mojo will rain buckets on you and yours.

sweet pull.....i tried my luck and only get a chrome base...Smile
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(03-22-2012, 04:13 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: sweet pull.....i tried my luck and only get a chrome base...Smile
Well, hey, look at it this way ... you pulled a Harper I don't have. LOL

Actually, all kidding aside, even base prospects are hard to pull, especially out of blasters, because there are only like eight of them (usually one per pack), not counting refractors, etc., and there are like 110 in the set ...

Not to mention, I've noticed that the companies tend to stuff the same base cards over and over into blasters out of the same case, so if you don't hit the right 'run' you probably won't pull it.

Guess they don't figure people might actually buy more than one blaster? LOL

I think I ended up busting four total, and didn't pull a Harper or Lawrie base.

I did get the Harper throwback, pretty sweet looking ... that was actually my best blaster "overall" — not counting the one with the auto — because I also got a Hosmer base rookie, a Jacob Turner base prospect and a Nick Castellanos Bowman's Best insert.

I'm a Tigers fan so the Turner and Castellanos cards were good pulls for me.

Also, the cool part about pulling the Bryce auto is that Magglio Ordonez (Tigers) was the top card in the pack, so now every time I see a card of his I think of the Bryce.

In honor of Bryce's call-up on Saturday I thought I would bring back one of the all-time great pulls of my life. Enjoy, and Go Nats.

(04-27-2012, 09:18 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: In honor of Bryce's call-up on Saturday I thought I would bring back one of the all-time great pulls of my life. Enjoy, and Go Nats.
Anyone else think it's lame that Topps is short printing Harper's actual rookie card in Series 2?

And will they put the identical card not short printed in the update set, like they did with Strasburg in 2010? If so, I'll just wait for the update.