`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION: crossover PSA to BGS

RE: QUESTION: crossover PSA to BGS
(04-24-2012, 04:52 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: So what you're saying then is that BGS looks great and costs more, but is not as reliable?

Don't forget that guy who crossed a PSA 8 and got a BGS 9.

I don't know of a guy that crossed a PSA 8 & received a PSA 9.

He's the guy who won't even tell me what card he had that was an SGC 100 that barely graded a BGS 9.5. I've asked him quite a few times but he never answers.

No you're referring to 2 separate guys. I'm the one that crossed the SGC 100 & that barely received a BGS 9.5. The other guy was thoroughly explained in my previous post. What is it that you want to know?

Broad general statements are apparently supposed to be taken as fact, especially when the person posting is so obviously biased.
They are when they're coming from me.
(04-24-2012, 06:10 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Yep, it sure was.
You took my comment completely out of context just to suit you're *point.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(04-24-2012, 06:21 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: They are when they're coming from me.
General, biased, and broad with no specific proof to your "points"? Absolutely.

(04-24-2012, 06:21 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: You took my comment completely out of context just to suit you're *point.
Your * is you yet again posting a "jerk comment". You're quite the hypocrite.

[quote='ricelynnevans75' pid='1991578' dateline='1335311287']

I asked in my previous post what proof did you want so you'll get off my back?

(04-24-2012, 06:57 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: [quote='ricelynnevans75' pid='1991578' dateline='1335311287']

I asked in my previous post what proof did you want so you'll get off my back?
See, I've played this game with you before and you don't answer. Heck, you didn't even ask a question in the "previous post". And really, if you want me "off your back", then don't call me out for no reason whatsoever in a snide post/comment. I'm pretty sure I've helped you out a few times on here with some questions you had.

1) What is your "proof" that BGS is stricter than the others?

2) What is the SGC 100 card that you crossed over that "barely" got a BGS 9.5?

(04-24-2012, 07:13 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: 2) What is the SGC 100 card that you crossed over that "barely" got a BGS 9.5?
What does that matter? Said card is proprietary information.

(04-24-2012, 07:19 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: What does that matter? Said card is proprietary information.
When you ignore a question (two in this case) and don't answer it, it's one of the largest signs of deception and someone being untruthful...........just so you know.

(04-24-2012, 07:21 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: When you ignore a question (two in this case) and don't answer it, it's one of the largest signs of deception and someone being untruthful...........just so you know.
How am I deceiving you? I'm not untruthful. I just don't want to tell you the specifics. Nor do I have to. If you think I'm deceiving you then, fine.

(04-24-2012, 07:44 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: How am I deceiving you? I'm not untruthful. I just don't want to tell you the specifics. Nor do I have to. If you think I'm deceiving you then, fine.
Oh, I know you're lying about it. When you "know" information and withhold it when asked, that's deceit. What better way to show how great and "strict" BGS is compared to the others right? You'd be posting something like that all the time talking about the card if it was legit. You're full of it, nothing new.

As it is, there are only five cards that it could possibly be anyway. There are only five Nolan Ryan cards that have been graded an SGC 100 in which BGS has graded some a BGS 9.5.

de·ceit

noun /diˈsēt/ 
deceits, plural

The action or practice of deceiving someone by concealing or misrepresenting the truth
- a web of deceit

A dishonest act or statement

Deceitful disposition or character
- I can't stand your treachery and deceit

(04-24-2012, 04:43 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Evidence doesn't matter when you run a BGS group submission on the football boards and make a little money on the side doing it. (Nothing wrong with that IMO for the work involved)

Point 2-I know of at least one person who you submitted a card for that the card was a PSA 10 and it came back a BGS 9.5. Heck, even nolan5000 has stated that he's had decent success in crossing over. To say you've never received the same grade from BGS is just silly, and obviously a lie.

Point 3-Exactly, it's an opinion, just like I have my grading company of choice due to their consistency in grading and the way the cards look in the holder. Each of the big three has their positives and negatives, while each has made and will continue to make errors. It is human beings after all doing the grading.

Nobody has yet to prove that one is better than the others. On this site, your going to have BGS fans say BGS is best. On PSA and SGC boards, your going to have people saying that the respective company is best. Which is better and why? Because someone says so? Sorry, opinions do not equal fact. If they did, my job would be a heck of a lot easier.
Well, because of my group submissions I submitted over 600 cards for grading last year and 300 the year before. I think that gives me some experience when it comes to submitting crossovers. And yes, the card that was a PSA 10, came back a BGS 9.5. Like I said, not equal, lower. I don't understand the point your trying to make. I have never submitted a PSA card to be re-graded by BGS, that came back with the same PSA grade or higher. The BGS grade is always lower. Always. You will never be able to prove the contrary. I don't do vintage, but the FACT is; my PSA cards get lower grades at BGS. Which is fine with me. I can't argue with what actually happens. It is, what it is.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(04-24-2012, 08:29 PM)giantfan270 Wrote: Well, because of my group submissions I submitted over 600 cards for grading last year and 300 the year before. I think that gives me some experience when it comes to submitting crossovers. And yes, the card that was a PSA 10, came back a BGS 9.5. Like I said, not equal, lower. I don't understand the point your trying to make. I have never submitted a PSA card to be re-graded by BGS, that came back with the same PSA grade or higher. The BGS grade is always lower. Always. You will never be able to prove the contrary. I don't do vintage, but the FACT is; my PSA cards get lower grades at BGS. Which is fine with me. I can't argue with what actually happens. It is, what it is.
You're right, I can't prove what happened with your cards that you handled, only you can, and I don't see said proof. Just saying it does not make it true. You stated that you submitted 900 cards and that it gives you experience with cross overs? I'm curious exactly how many of those were crossovers.

Additionally, the bolded part above in your quote? You are aware that a PSA 10 is EQUAL to a BGS 9.5 correct? Being that they are both a Gem Mint grade?