`
 (Toll Free)
Thread Closed 
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lower pricing to get more members
04-24-2012, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2012 09:08 AM by capncush.)
RE: Lower pricing to get more members
Opg is cheaper than the mags and you get org and trading. Not to mention how much time you save looking all the prices up. Im a cheapkate and do some pretty silly things to save a buck, but $7/mo is worth the, bare minimum, couple hours id save looking up BV every month... I also wouldnt have known the huge price drop clay buchholz cards took a few days ago w.o the opg and woulda screwed myself.
I could understand an introductory price drop like netflix because i know if people start to use the org and trade theyll realize its totally worth the money but cheaper all around isnt needed. If $7/mo is hurting you, you have bigger problems to worry about. Also, ceo gets free opg in exchange for a service. Im 100% sure he spends more time doing it than they payment he is receiving should dictate. You gonna get mad at walmart for selling things above cost next?

I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]
Find all posts by this user
04-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Last point, and then I'll shut up... Smile

If you think the OPG is overpriced - I don't have a problem with that. That's your opinion, and I'm certainly not going to tell you that you're right or wrong in that.

It's just that the 2 points you used to try to PROVE that opinion make no sense. That's what I have the objection to.

The price of netflix (a completely different service in a different industry with different competition and different customers) has no correlation whatsoever with the price of the OPG. Also, the OPG is a significantly better deal economically than the alternative. That isn't to say I believe the 'price is right' - just that you (general "you") will have to come up with better arguments to convince me of that than what has been put forth so far.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.
04-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone who says the OPG is overpriced is not truly using the OPG for all it offers. It's not 100% accurate in all aspects but it is by far the most reasonable and best option in the industry. I pay for the OPG monthly and it more than pays me back. Just because a user doesn't use it to its fullest doesn't make it not worth the price. You wanna compare to Netflix then lets compare. Is it worth the $10 a month for your Netflix if you never rent any movies from it or only one or two a month, NO. If you use it for multiple movies a week it's a steal in that aspect. I use my OPG daily and for multiple things. If your not getting what you feel your paying for then that's is because you are not using it for all it offers.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html
04-24-2012, 02:42 PM
CEO your smell test is hillarious once again from the guy who doesnt pay. And no one else needs to kiss up to the mod and say he works hard for it. I believe he probably does but the fact is he doesnt pay and it sounds ridiculous to have any statement on the matter when he doesnt.

I am just saying its overpriced because Beckett has a monopoly on pricing. Its America so thats cool. I just stated an opinion and got nothing but rudeness from jacoby of course but we all know thats not new. Lets all get our panties pulled up again and move on.

[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17...t=6&page=1
04-24-2012, 03:24 PM
(04-24-2012 02:42 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote:  CEO your smell test is hillarious once again from the guy who doesnt pay. And no one else needs to kiss up to the mod and say he works hard for it. I believe he probably does but the fact is he doesnt pay and it sounds ridiculous to have any statement on the matter when he doesnt.

I am just saying its overpriced because Beckett has a monopoly on pricing. Its America so thats cool. I just stated an opinion and got nothing but rudeness from jacoby of course but we all know thats not new. Lets all get our panties pulled up again and move on.

No one is kissing up. Your just being a jerk and trying to prove that the mods can't do anything to a guy that treats others like crap. No one needs the opinion of a guy who paid for his OPG likely with John's money anyway.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM
i do pay for it but its still a rip off but im a collector nut who needs it. and go back to acting crazy on here like you are and posting 1 mil times a day all your drama.

[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17...t=6&page=1
04-24-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure how much membership would increase by lowering the price anyway. The price is low enough now that if someone isn't willing to pay for OPG, they're probably not gonna hop on board unless it's completely free anyway. The strategy of lowering prices to entice more membership is dependent upon offsetting the loss in revenue from your current members by volume of new signups. On top of that, whatever new membership they received, it would be coming in at a lower profit margin so they'd have to really make up the difference by volume.

This is such a small little niche hobby that I don't think the numbers are out there for any kind of substantial price decrease. Once the number of collectors rivals the number of movie-watchers, then you can use Netflix for a comparison.

04-24-2012, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2012 03:57 PM by jacobystealshome.)
(04-24-2012 02:42 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote:  Lets all get our panties pulled up again and move on.

somehow, im not shocked youre wearing panties
(04-24-2012 03:47 PM)rossmaute Wrote:  I'm not sure how much membership would increase by lowering the price anyway. The price is low enough now that if someone isn't willing to pay for OPG, they're probably not gonna hop on board unless it's completely free anyway. The strategy of lowering prices to entice more membership is dependent upon offsetting the loss in revenue from your current members by volume of new signups. On top of that, whatever new membership they received, it would be coming in at a lower profit margin so they'd have to really make up the difference by volume.

stop...the logic...hurting....

onedollardutch.blogspot.com
04-24-2012, 06:00 PM
...I remember when we all used to like each other...what happened to that?

[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75
04-24-2012, 06:05 PM
I pay it, you all pay it. If beckett decides to bump it up to $40 a month. Oh well, Ill pay it, you will pay it. The fact that there is no other alternative is what makes this possible and for all of us to justify it. "Well, I have to have it" And I dont wanna hear how its better than the mags cause we all know those are wrong the day we get them. Anyone that uses a mag for pricing is silly. Its a collectors item, nothing more.
Saying its overpriced or not is an opinion. Some say it is, some say it isnt. I will pay for it as long as I can. But I still think its overpriced...

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]
Thread Closed