(Toll Free)
Thread Closed 
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lower pricing to get more members
04-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Lower pricing to get more members
the current monthly price for all sports is 31 bucks which is more than twice the cost of online similar services like netflix, etc.

[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17...t=6&page=1
Find all posts by this user
04-23-2012, 12:59 AM
RE: Lower pricing to get more members
(04-22-2012 09:25 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote:  the current monthly price for all sports is 31 bucks which is more than twice the cost of online similar services like netflix, etc.

amen, I might as well just buy the yearly book copy! I mean granted it's not as current, but 31 bucks is ridiculous. My WOW, Netflix, and StarTiger don't even equal mone month of Beckett!

[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]
current sets:
2004 Sweet Spot Signatures: 27/83 (33%)
96-97 Skybox Premium Autographics: 5/93 (5%)
11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75
04-23-2012, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 04:13 AM by jacobystealshome.)
hate to disagree, but...

31 for total access is very reasonable

for one, they didnt raise prices for years.
the increase isnt wasnt even in line with the rate of inflation
as far as the books: they are limited in the pricing. the opg is massively more complete

to compare it to netflix is kind of silly...that isnt even apples and oranges, it's apples and orangutangs

beckett is a business, not a charity

Project Cupid: currently curbstomping cancer

04-23-2012, 07:33 AM
(04-22-2012 09:25 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote:  the current monthly price for all sports is 31 bucks which is more than twice the cost of online similar services like netflix, etc.

I disagree as well, I think it is a reasonable cost. Also, how is Netflix a "similar service"?

[Image: foster_2_3.jpg]
(Thanks to phinzphan1372 for sig!)

Always looking for Arian Foster, Josh Hamilton, and Walter Payton
Click HERE to see my bucket!
04-23-2012, 08:32 AM
$31 is completely ridiculous. But I cant think of anything I spend money on that isnt overpriced... lol

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]
04-23-2012, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 08:44 AM by ceocards.)
(04-23-2012 07:33 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote:  I disagree as well, I think it is a reasonable cost. Also, how is Netflix a "similar service"?

+1

How much would it cost if you purchased all of the paper magazines for all sports? And that would only give you a small percent of the total listings provided by the OPG.

Also-you can be a member without purchasing any sort of subscription whatsoever.

Comparing Beckett to Netflix is like saying "A box of Kleenex only costs $2 - so they should decrease the cost of Ipods."

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.
04-23-2012, 08:33 PM
(04-23-2012 08:41 AM)ceocards Wrote:  +1

How much would it cost if you purchased all of the paper magazines for all sports? And that would only give you a small percent of the total listings provided by the OPG.

Also-you can be a member without purchasing any sort of subscription whatsoever.

Comparing Beckett to Netflix is like saying "A box of Kleenex only costs $2 - so they should decrease the cost of Ipods."

from the moderator who gets a free subscription for moderating lol.

netflix is a fine comparison. lets see price of movie theaters is about $9, renting is about $4 at stores but you can get it all unlimited at netflix for $10 month. beckett charges more for unlimited basically! you guys can have your opinions but watch how you say it.

[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17...t=6&page=1
04-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I think before they charge full price for a product they advertise, they should make sure it works first. I don't mind paying for what i get, but when i don't get what i'm paying for after its advertised that i should be getting it...well...thats not cool.

Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Jordan Nolan, Manon Rheaume
2001-02 Pacific Atomic, Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches, Luxury Suite Sticks
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
04-24-2012, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2012 07:29 AM by jacobystealshome.)
(04-23-2012 08:33 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote:  from the moderator who gets a free subscription for moderating lol.

netflix is a fine comparison. lets see price of movie theaters is about $9, renting is about $4 at stores but you can get it all unlimited at netflix for $10 month. beckett charges more for unlimited basically! you guys can have your opinions but watch how you say it.

your comparison is still as crazy as fruit loops. and please dont tell me how to state my opinion, thank you.

Project Cupid: currently curbstomping cancer

04-24-2012, 07:45 AM
(04-23-2012 08:33 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote:  from the moderator who gets a free subscription for moderating lol.

I happily paid the monthly fee before I was a moderator. As I said, it's significantly cheaper than the alternatives (paper magazine), and includes hundreds if not thousands times the data in the magazine, is more up to date, and comes with the organize software (even with its glitches, it's better than using an excel spreadsheet which is what I was using before).

How does beckett charge more for unlimited? The fact that movies and sports card pricing information are entirely different industries aside, your argument isn't even true. What's the price of a mag these days? 7-8 bucks? You'd have to buy baseball, football, hockey, basketball, racing, + non sports (I don't even know if all those magazines exist, but you get my point) - that's 40-50 bucks in magazines right there, and you only get a fraction of the data in the online guide, and it's outdated by the time you pick up the magazine.

I don't in any way think Beckett is perfect, and have said so many times. But at least make logical and sensible arguments - this doesn't even pass the smell test, sorry.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.
Thread Closed