`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Graded With Scans.

Beckett Graded With Scans.
Just got home and my cards that I had graded by Beckett were here waiting on me. I was really pleased except for my Jordan rookie and Bird auto that was graded as altered. The Jordan came back as having an eraser mark on it, looking back on my old scans of it the mark is clearly there I just didn't recognize it as being something that would cause it to be altered. Why wouldn't it have just gotten a really low surface grade? All auto's came back a 10. Let me know what you guys think of them. Going to send another bunch off this month.

[Image: GradedCards.jpg]
[Image: GradedCards_0001.jpg]
[Image: GradedCards_0002.jpg]
[Image: GradedCards_0003.jpg]
[Image: GradedCards_0004.jpg]
[Image: GradedCards_0005.jpg]

Thanks for looking.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

RE: Beckett Graded With Scans.
At first I was thinking Beckett didn't like you. I was glad they at least gave you some gold labels. Can't believe someone would try to cover up something on that Bird auto. The Jordan is unfortunate because other than the mark, I bet it would have graded nicely. Congrats on the good ones!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(04-19-2012, 05:21 PM)quavis Wrote: At first I was thinking Beckett didn't like you. I was glad they at least gave you some gold labels. Can't believe someone would try to cover up something on that Bird auto. The Jordan is unfortunate because other than the mark, I bet it would have graded nicely. Congrats on the good ones!
Thanks quavis, I knew some of them were going to be a low grade like the 86-87 bird and bird sticker but I have the whole set and want to get them all graded. I was pleasently suprised by the Joe Dumars grading to a 9. I am confused some on their grading like on my Garnett alma mater auto it was graded centering 9.5, corners 8, edges 8, surface 9.5 and it got a final grade of 8 can someone explain how that is so?

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

I don't know exactly why. But if you get two low sub grades on a card i.e. 4, 5, 9, 9 the overall grade never seems to be higher than the second lowest grade (usually it's the same or lower). Kind of like your Planet Metal Jordan Subs were 8.5, 8.5, 9 and 10 and the overall grade was an 8.5. Your Bird rookie sticker is an even better example. I know that Beckett doesn't take an average of the subgrades; there is likely a weighted formula that they use based on the grades and which sub (i.e. centering) to give the graders an overall grade. I would love to spend the time to figure it out using my graded cards but I just don't have the time. If anybody does though that would be pretty interesting.
 photo mjheader.jpg

(04-19-2012, 09:03 PM)zinger82 Wrote: I don't know exactly why. But if you get two low sub grades on a card i.e. 4, 5, 9, 9 the overall grade never seems to be higher than the second lowest grade (usually it's the same or lower). Kind of like your Planet Metal Jordan Subs were 8.5, 8.5, 9 and 10 and the overall grade was an 8.5. Your Bird rookie sticker is an even better example. I know that Beckett doesn't take an average of the subgrades; there is likely a weighted formula that they use based on the grades and which sub (i.e. centering) to give the graders an overall grade. I would love to spend the time to figure it out using my graded cards but I just don't have the time. If anybody does though that would be pretty interesting.
Thanks zinger but still confusing I hope someone can help us a little more.

Awesome cards! Congrats on the BGS 10. As quavis stated, The Jordan looks to be in great shape...Sucks about the mark. I really need to find a Planet Metal Jordan..That is a sick card!
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

Nice Larry Bird graded cards. Congratulations on the Mint 9.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

how in the heck do they know for certain it was an eraser mark? come on these guys are not CSI or scientifically trained. i think thats bogus and why i hate grading myself.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(04-22-2012, 10:32 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: how in the heck do they know for certain it was an eraser mark? come on these guys are not CSI or scientifically trained. i think thats bogus and why i hate grading myself.
if i am the owner, i will be disappointed about the outcome. what are the other reasons why you hate grading? post here or send a private message.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Wow some of the grades had me in circles. The Dumars has to be one of the highest grades for that card. The Garnett force seems odd, because I hardly ever see 10's (which makes me look twice when I pass one, lol). The Bird altered card is crazy. I would like to believe that some mistake was made. I can't think of a reason why someone would alter that card, but then again people do things I will never understand.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]