`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
My Mailer Was Empty. No Bryce Harper for me.

RE: My Mailer Was Empty. No Bryce Harper for me.
(03-27-2012, 01:21 PM)bunk27 Wrote: I just believe the incidence of bad traders is so small already that you don't need to do something like this. And I don't want to read the threa that ensues the day after the "middle man" decides to disappear himself with a bunch of people's cards. The system just needs us to continue to trust it.

Since I am the guy they are referring to as the middle man I take some offense to this. I am hoping that is not what you meant, but to imply I'd take the cards and run is crazy. Especially considering I'm the guy fighting tooth and nail here to get this person behind bars and get everyone what is rightfully theirs.

I have given my names, address, phone number, and even posted pictures before. I highly doubt I'd make it far running with the cards.

I am gonna assume you did not mean me, but just meant if a middle man was used there is risk as well.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

D, I think he just meant a middle man in general and not you personally.

BTW, I think a middle man is just a bad idea in general. This is not implying anyone in particular would do anything. But if you continue to add more steps into the trade, eventually one of the steps is going to fail. Keep it as basic and simple as it already is.

(03-27-2012, 02:38 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Since I am the guy they are referring to as the middle man I take some offense to this. I am hoping that is not what you meant, but to imply I'd take the cards and run is crazy. Especially considering I'm the guy fighting tooth and nail here to get this person behind bars and get everyone what is rightfully theirs.

I have given my names, address, phone number, and even posted pictures before. I highly doubt I'd make it far running with the cards.

I am gonna assume you did not mean me, but just meant if a middle man was used there is risk as well.

(03-27-2012, 02:43 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: D, I think he just meant a middle man in general and not you personally.

BTW, I think a middle man is just a bad idea in general. This is not implying anyone in particular would do anything. But if you continue to add more steps into the trade, eventually one of the steps is going to fail. Keep it as basic and simple as it already is.

This was not my idea by any means, I just agreed to help the cause. I have seen this on other sites and it seems to work. It would seem to be a hassle but if it helps a few guys I am game.

OK, so I don't usually have much to say on things like this as I like to mind my own business, but this is really unfortunate. I actually believed his story, and he was quite easy to work with in the secret santa I ran this past December. Of coarse we cannot control the bad things people do, which unfortunalety is what makes the world go around. I personally believe most people I run into are honest, trustworthy, good people in general. Hopefully we have all learned a leason, which is simply that no matter what the "value police" think, there are bad/dishonest people in this world that prey on good honest people. FYI, I am in favor of using a third party/moderator for a higher end trade, and maybe we can put a value of some sort to help meet this criteria if both parties were to agree.
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

(03-27-2012, 02:50 PM)Patrick_cpg Wrote: OK, so I don't usually have much to say on things like this as I like to mind my own business, but this is really unfortunate. I actually believed his story, and he was quite easy to work with in the secret santa I ran this past December. Of coarse we cannot control the bad things people do, which unfortunalety is what makes the world go around. I personally believe most people I run into are honest, trustworthy, good people in general. Hopefully we have all learned a leason, which is simply that no matter what the "value police" think, there are bad/dishonest people in this world that prey on good honest people. FYI, I am in favor of using a third party/moderator for a higher end trade, and maybe we can put a value of some sort to help meet this criteria if both parties were to agree.
Patrick if the dust ever settles I'll get with you on your credit for the next deal. I have not forgotten by any means.

Not to be mean Derek but your still dealing with a person. If we did a highend trade and it went to you lets say and you ended up needing money really bad or someone knew about this a took the card before you were able to get it. It would end up getting you in trouble. Adding another person will just complicate things and it could end up falling back and hurting the middle man. I would rather deal with the person I am tring to trade with. Were all going to get taken at some point in time. I was taken for $120.00 card before. Its what happens sometimes. I do hope whoever this guy is gets whats coming to him.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Hey Derek - I know you have been keeping us up to date here, but I'd like to ask that you continue to do so, or in PM if need be.

I am still having a hard time with this situation as I spent a lot of time working with Jake (?) on his Diamond Die cuts - trading here and on the Diamond site. Also invested emotionally praying for his family and situation.

I believe that the Woman is real and is sick and that most everything we heard up until this week was real. I believe you and the others did receive empty packages, and that there is something wrong going on here.

I'm just having a hard time that the person I dealt with would do this - maybe I dealt with someone else, and now the kids or different person took over the account (or maybe it was the kid originally and now is the dad???).

I know that twice he had over $100 BV worth ($150 on one of them) of cards in his posession from me, and I let him wait a week to pay/trade to me for them, and both times he came through - the last one pretty recently. I guess that I am lucky, but just wondering why he paid me when he already had the cards - especially the Die Cuts that were traded on Topps.com - I had no way of proving anything - no shipping, dc, etc. and he could have claimed he never got them.

Anyway - that is why I wan't to know what the outcome is on this - just hoping that the one I dealt with is not the same one that has sent empty packages to you guys.

Thanks,

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

When I initially mentioned a third party, I did not mean to give the responsibility to another user. What I was saying was I think Beckett (since it is THEIR site) should step up. While I realize one bad apple SHOULDN'T ruin the bunch, bad apples will appear from time to time.
The fact is, a mediator or middle man is used in all forms of business and I don't think it would hurt this business at all. Peace of mind would go a long way with a lot of people. That's why the insurance market is so huge and covers so many different things. That being said, I believe a middle man should be compensated for their time. Which is why I suggested Beckett add this as a service. I also believe that if Beckett implemented this idea in subscription form and charged a fee, the sender should only have to pay for shipping once. The cost of forwarding the item could come from your subscription fee so the sender is not paying twice. There are discounts the USPS offers for bulk mail. If Beckett offered something like this, I'd sign up for it.

My offer is off the table anyway. It's clear to me that trust is an issue for some of you. I think my trading days are slowly ending anyway. Some of the things I see and here shock me.

Hella bells, I'll update it all when it's done but I assure you that the person we knew is not the true person. It's well planned out.

(03-26-2012, 11:42 PM)once78 Wrote: No package for me either, I am still waiting for my Bush auto. Dude this is not cool.
What's funny (not really at all), is that he told me just a couple of days ago how great of a guy you were and that you had some Musial auto that I should hit you up for. Said he did a great transaction with you and everything went great.

Funny how things change right!? Now he's screwed both you and me.
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]