`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jpleazme - ELITE BLACK BOX - multiple box break

RE: jpleazme - ELITE BLACK BOX - multiple box break
Awesome break nice auto from the Glide........
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

very nice like the flag patches

Great pulls. However, I think Panini was quite lazy on the Wilkins Patch. I know other companies have done the same as well, but if you are going to put a patch from a jersey the player played in, then make sure the picture matches. Don't have Dominique in a Hawks jersey in his picture then put a patch from the Jazz. Horrible.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(03-21-2012, 08:29 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Great pulls. However, I think Panini was quite lazy on the Wilkins Patch. I know other companies have done the same as well, but if you are going to put a patch from a jersey the player played in, then make sure the picture matches. Don't have Dominique in a Hawks jersey in his picture then put a patch from the Jazz. Horrible.
I think we are all on the same page. Panini is lazy! Same as other companies that did the same thing.... where is their Q/A at?

I thought that is why we pay the high prices for boxes of cards.... so Panini can get better autos for us to pull & they can take the time to Q/A production of cards & so they can hand sort packs of high end products. I know it takes a long time to package cards up, but they should do a better job at Q/A what the card is supposed to look like....

also, if an auto is off centered or half way off the sticker auto... they discard that sticker auto & use another one... I hate when I pull a card that half the auto is hidden behind cardboard or runs off the sticker all together...

Panini's Q/A system is an epic failure.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Ummm Wilkins never played for the Jazz thats an Error i wonder if all the Cards are wrong

(03-23-2012, 02:40 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Ummm Wilkins never played for the Jazz thats an Error i wonder if all the Cards are wrong
more likely... the people putting together cards.. don't care. they're there for a paycheck & to get free cards to fulfill their cardboard addiction..

I wish Panini would do a video on how they produce their jersey/patch cards... where is the Q/A? how do I know that the player actually used that jersey? or was it just a team jersey, some guy on the bench... or worse... a jersey that was bought at retail... a replica jersey....???

I bet all card companies have used replica jerseys, to try to save money... so they can squeeze every dollar out of us collectors.
*United States Navy*
Smile 
(03-23-2012, 02:58 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: more likely... the people putting together cards.. don't care. they're there for a paycheck & to get free cards to fulfill their cardboard addiction..

I wish Panini would do a video on how they produce their jersey/patch cards... where is the Q/A? how do I know that the player actually used that jersey? or was it just a team jersey, some guy on the bench... or worse... a jersey that was bought at retail... a replica jersey....???

I bet all card companies have used replica jerseys, to try to save money... so they can squeeze every dollar out of us collectors.
don't worry because: the enclosed swatch is guaranteed by Panini America, Inc.

it may not be a game-used NBA memorabilia card, it may be an error, it may be not.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

panini guaranteeing a swatch is like joe schmucks' COA for an auto.... we just trust those that have the NBA logo attached.... just my opinion..
*United States Navy*

You guys realize im talking about the Card and not the Swatch right? Wilkins never played for the Jazz in his career.. the card itself is an Error

(03-23-2012, 09:38 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: You guys realize im talking about the Card and not the Swatch right? Wilkins never played for the Jazz in his career.. the card itself is an Error
Panini's Q/A program = failure !!!

Wilkins was drafted by Jazz, but never played for them... probably never even put on a uniform, except his draft jersey... wonder what swatch is inserted on the Black Box card? I am going to submit a Q/A to Panini to se what they say.... will let you guys now when they reply.. if they do...

bbills.... thanks for pointing it out.

NBA career http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Wilkins
Cash flow problems within the Utah Jazz organization, along with Wilkins's reluctance to play with the Jazz, led to his trade to the Atlanta Hawks several months after the draft. The trade included John Drew, Freeman Williams and cash. Despite Wilkins's reluctance to play in Utah, the trade is now considered among the most lopsided deals in NBA history, as Drew and Williams would play a combined four seasons for the Jazz.

[Image: WORTHY_WILKINS_FLOYD_BLACKBOX_92-99.jpg]

edit: just thought of something, while writing a few lines to Panini's Q/A department... the Elite Black Box triple swatch card is a "Draft Class" card, therefore they put the team that drafted Wilkins..... on that note, the back of the card says, "The enclosed game-worn material is guaranteed by Panini America, Inc." ... it never says who used the jersey. Their statement is too vague. I wonder where that white/yellow swatch came from? Don't think it belongs to Dominique Wilkins... especially, since he probably never put on a Jazz jersey.. except on draft day... the Hawks jersey will not work either... the white part of the Atlanta Hawks jersey is a different type of fabric design than on the swatch listed in the above card.

[Image: NBA_Atlanta_Hawks_Dominique_Wilkins_21_Red_Jersey.jpg]
*United States Navy*