Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Playoff Contnders Retail

Playoff Contnders Retail
Hi,
I was wondering if the blaster boxes you buy at say target or walmart for the 2011 playoff contenders is diff than the hobby. I noticed nothing had serial numbers even the autos. i also had 2 redemption cards out of the 4 boxes i bought..If it is different this really blows. i am wishing now i would have waited until i got my hobby box in to compare before i bought any.. but i am sure you all know football card busting is an additiction lol
Thanks
Lyndsay

RE: Playoff Contnders Retail
Sort of, the boxes are different. All retail boxes will be different than hobby. They're usually less expensive than hobby, but they also have fewer hits. (A lot fewer) Contenders don't have retail and hobby versions of cards though, like Prime or Absolute do. The Contenders set just doesn't have a lot of numbering.

(03-18-2012, 11:24 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Sort of, the boxes are different. All retail boxes will be different than hobby. They're usually less expensive than hobby, but they also have fewer hits. (A lot fewer) Contenders don't have retail and hobby versions of cards though, like Prime or Absolute do. The Contenders set just doesn't have a lot of numbering.
thanks i only have the 2007 set and 2000 and 2001 the 2007 set had alot of serial numbered inserts. the cards juts feel so different and i have never seen them at target until yesterday in a blaster bow with a guarantee auto for 29.99

who were the redemptions for?
Finally Completed!!!
[Image: CruzRainbow_zpsabe5dffb.jpg]

(03-18-2012, 12:14 PM)collinsfanatic Wrote: who were the redemptions for?
cameron heyward
jake ballard

Yupp the addiction will get ya, the boxes are oh so tempting, and even though I have my own "set" of rules I give myself when I am at walmart of target etc.... I still end up breaking them even though I know that 89% of the time I will end up disappointed...lol it happens
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/bigjohn79/
NEED:Tom Brady, Big Ben,P Manning, LUCK,Tannehill RC AUTO contenders for my PC!
[Image: bigjohnbannercopy.jpg]

(03-18-2012, 12:21 PM)xxbigjohn79xx Wrote: Yupp the addiction will get ya, the boxes are oh so tempting, and even though I have my own "set" of rules I give myself when I am at walmart of target etc.... I still end up breaking them even though I know that 89% of the time I will end up disappointed...lol it happens
omg i can not type today, yeah i would probably be a millionaire if i did not have this addiction LOL

(03-18-2012, 12:21 PM)dalasvixen Wrote: cameron heyward
jake ballard
Those may be shortprints, check out the list. I know there is a Ballard collector out there....

any chance of you moving the Ballard? I need it for my Giants team set.
(03-18-2012, 12:24 PM)0264 roadrunner1964 Wrote: Those may be shortprints, check out the list. I know there is a Ballard collector out there....
yes they both are short prints /99
Finally Completed!!!
[Image: CruzRainbow_zpsabe5dffb.jpg]

(03-18-2012, 12:24 PM)dalasvixen Wrote: omg i can not type today, yeah i would probably be a millionaire if i did not have this addiction LOL
and i least notice both those redepemtions are on the short print run i hope that stays true )